(Closed) 8 hours in Atlanta — need suggestions

posted 8 years ago in Atlanta
Post # 3
7053 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

The Ga aquarium for sure! You can also grab a bite to eat there and across from that is the world of coca cola!

That’d take up 8 hours 🙂

Post # 4
7053 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Do Marta if you can (the train) and allow 1 hour time for transit on Marta.

Post # 6
1991 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

If you feel like shopping, Lenox Mall or Perimeter Mall would be a great places too!

Post # 7
7053 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Thanks Joey…there are a chain of awesome breakfast spots called “J. Christophers'” and I am not sure where the closest one is to that area, but google it. 

If you go there and are able to find one kinda close, do check out their Eggs Christopher (their version of eggs benedict) with friend green tomatoes on the english muffin!  Awesome.  My son loves it.

Def plan everything and see which marta stops at what.  Marta can take you directly to the airport and also to a spot not too far from the aquarium and world of coke.  The seafood place nearby at CNN Center is McCormick and Schmidt (sp?).  That’s good (not breakfasty though).

Post # 8
1667 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Hey Joey,

I recommend this link to look over. It’s 10 big places to visit that you can get to by Marta. Atlanta is not really big on public transportation (read: everyone has to have a car to pretty much get anywhere) but since you are here for such a short time MARTA will def get you to some of the cool spots in downtown and midtown.

http://www.homeatlanta.com/Atlanta_transportation_marta.htm

If your in atlanta on a Sunday for breakfast, check out cafe 458. They serve an amazing Sunday brunch and is pretty easy to get to with MARTA. Any other day of the week and I would say J Christophers as well.

Hope this helps and enjoy your brief time in the ATL!

The topic ‘8 hours in Atlanta — need suggestions’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors