(Closed) 8 months left and NOTHING is done!

posted 7 years ago in July 2011
Post # 3
206 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

@kfricke89: You have tons of time. Don’t worry. A lot of people put together fantastic weddings in 5 months or less. You have the important stuff booked (i.e. the stuff that tends to book up a year in advance), so I wouldn’t stress.

Post # 4
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Seriously, we booked the important vendors (venue, photo, florist, cake) about a year out and then I did next to nothing for a few months and then pulled everything together in the last 2 months or so. You have plenty of time.

We booked the DJ 2 weeks before our wedding with no problem.

Post # 5
14402 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@kfrick89, we’re date twins!  (I just havent updated my profile).  You’ve got more done than me!  I have a venue, and a dress that doesnt fit that I’ve been second guessing since I bought it on impulse my first shopping experiece at Running of Brides.  No officiant, no photographer, no cake idea, no clue on dj, no flower ideas, nothing! 

Post # 6
1030 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Me me me! All I have is a venue, caterer and dress and you have one more month than I do! We will manage!

Post # 7
1209 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@kfricke89: Our friends are in the same boat, but they’re getting married in June.

I would suggest taking care of flowers next if you’re having any, because those tend to be one of the more expensive parts of the wedding.

We basically have everything done, minus cake + Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses & Groomsmen tuxes + limo + honeymoon.

Don’t stress, you still have time!

Post # 8
156 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

As everyone has said, you have a lot of the important things done.  Eight months is still a lot of time for everything to come together.  Honestly, I would suggest you work on the caterer next; only because food is such an important part of wedding 😉

My wedding is in June and I have most of the big details together (venue, caterer, DJ, photographer, dress, Save-The-Date Cards sent, invitations, guest list, flowers, cake, and decor).  Then again, my Christmas trees are already up and decorated, so you can see that I’m a bit of an early bird 😉

Don’t worry, everything will get done and your wedding will be beautiful!

Post # 9
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

@kfricke89:lol 8 months out, we got engaged! don’t stress, it will come together!

Post # 10
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@kfricke89: You aren’t alone!  I just realized we hit the eight month mark.  At least you have a dress.  All we have are a date, a place, and an officiant.  Need to finalize those caterers!  Yikes.

Post # 11
411 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

No worries!! I just booked a DJ last week…and my wedding is less than two months away!

Post # 12
3049 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

Don’t worry, I only have 7 months to plan our wedding because he just proposed right after Christmas! I have a venue, photographer, musician for ceremony, and my dress (won’t come in until mid-May). Pretty much everything you have done! It would be nice to have more time… but I have a feeling that I could do nothing for a few months and still get things done. In fact, since I’m doing it all now I feel like I won’t have anything to plan come May. This may change! But seriously, my venue comes with all the decorations I would ever need including my choice of 5 different center pieces. That was the part I was freaking out about and now I’m home free!

Post # 13
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

We have a venue and photographer… that’s it!  I am totally confident that it will all get done and our wedding will be just right.

Post # 14
Hostess
16215 posts
Honey Beekeeper

You still have time, but the earlier you can do some of that, the better, so that you have more choices. 🙂

The topic ‘8 months left and NOTHING is done!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors