(Closed) 8 months till my wedding – looks like one of my bridemaids will be ready to pop!

posted 7 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
1014 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Congrats to your friend! It was also super thoughtful of her to let you know right away, before dresses were ordered. My Maid/Matron of Honor was 8 months along at my wedding, and luckily it was easy for her. We just had to order up a size for her dress, and have it altered last minute. Even in the last week her belly shape changed so the dress was a little off,  but who cares, right?! I was just concerned about her being able to make it, and not be stuck home on bedrest.

Post # 5
1636 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

I’m happy you’re happy.  🙂

I don’t understand some people’s negative attitudes towards pregnant bridesmaids either.  My Maid/Matron of Honor is due about 2 months before my wedding and was also apologizing that she wouldn’t be much help with wedding planning – and she also told me she was hesitant to tell me about her pregnancy and make a big deal out of it because she didn’t want to take away from my excitement about my wedding!  It’s so crazy.  I know she’s just a considerate person, but I hate for her to feel that way.

Some people have asked me, “Are you upset?”  Wtf.  Brides getting irritated over pregnant bridesmaids is apparently common enough that the question has to be asked.  Some people also just move right on to the teasing comments like, “Well, you’ve gotta cut her from the list now, right?  She won’t fit in the dress!  She’ll steal your thunder!”  Ugh.  Yes, I’m pissed that my close friend of 6 years, who is in a happy marriage and has a stable life, is going to have a baby.  How dare she have functioning ovaries.

The topic ‘8 months till my wedding – looks like one of my bridemaids will be ready to pop!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors