(Closed) 8 months till the wedding, what should I get done NOW?

posted 7 years ago in December 2011
Post # 3
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Book –

venue, photographer, cake baker, DJ, caterer, and officiant.

Start shopping –

For your dress. If you order a new dress, it can take up to 6 months for it to be ready. Go start shopping now!!!

That’s the big stuff.  Take care of those things first and the rest will fall into place!!!

Post # 4
698 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’m a super crazy plan ahead girl so I’m doping all kinds of things way ahead of time. You should definatly have your church and venue picked and booked first.  You need to find a dress soon in case you need alterations and to give it time to be ordered and made for you.  Then find a photographer, DJ, florist and cake place.  Doesn’t hurt to book early on, you wanna make sure you don’t have a rough time finding a good photographer who’s available for example.  I’m also doing a bunch of DIY projects as well to get them out of the way now so I can “chill” for the last few months of waiting for the day!

Post # 7
1124 posts
Bumble bee

I’m about a month before you and I have these things done: dress, caterer, venue, officiant, guest list, and Save-The-Date Cards sent. And shoes. The shoes were very important.

Post # 9
5655 posts
Bee Keeper

I heard from another bee that theknot.com checklist was over whelming but it’s been GREAT for me!

sign up.. put in your date.. and then go through checking off what doesn’t apply to you right off the bat (for me this was things like find a coordinator, getting wedding insurance, etc)

It’s kept me so on track!… When I get my monthly email I freak for about 10 minutes realizing how close I am but then it’s alllllll good and I can see what I need to get done.

Check it out πŸ˜‰

Post # 10
385 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@agirlwithdreams7: I know what you mean about wanting to alter the dress now so that you can actually see how it looks when it actually fits properly! But the only problem with altering it so early is that if you gain/lose a lot of weight between now and the wedding, you will just have to alter it *again* – so it could become an added expense.  But if you’re not worried about that, I would go ahead and alter it now.

Post # 12
385 posts
Helper bee

@runsyellowlites: haha, you might be referring to me πŸ˜‰

Personally, I prefer the checklist on WeddingWire.  But any of these checklists will be helpful in keeping you on track. So I would definitely suggest signing up for one.

Post # 13
5655 posts
Bee Keeper

@thesejoys Lol… maybe! I know when I first see it I get way overwhelmed… but that may have to do with being in the final countdown too. lol I don’t think I ever really checked out weddingwire… do they have all the other options too?.. guestlist, seating, budget, etc?

Post # 14
385 posts
Helper bee

@runsyellowlites: Yeah, WeddingWire is awesome! It’s got everything that the Knot has – but I just find it to be less “cluttered”.  The Knot’s website is very “busy” if that makes sense.

Post # 16
5655 posts
Bee Keeper

For ceremony music.. be sure you have an usher or someone to take care of it… don’t forget the ushers! lol

The topic ‘8 months till the wedding, what should I get done NOW?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors