(Closed) 8 months to go – December bees!!!!

posted 5 years ago in December 2013
Post # 3
845 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Heya, sounds like you are on a roll, well done πŸ™‚ You have gotten WAY more done than me.

Venue booked. Photographer booked. Dress ordered. Menu finalised. Cake tasting done and dusted. Shoes ordered and paid for in full. Hairstyle decided, hairdresser on the day however I am still not sure about…

Current frustrations: STATIONERS. We got the design for Save-The-Date Cards back. I loved them so much I decided to turn them into invites and scrap having Save-The-Date Cards. Without wanting to sound like an environazi, I’d like to keep our footprint small. The invites will be in the form of bookmarks too – so that people can actually use them. Stationer has minor fit: says too much info cramped on bookmark. I work in magazine industry – fairly sure about the layout, couldn’t care less if it looks a little cramped. Sick of dealing with her. Fiance taking over.

Also worried about CASHFLOW. Calculating the cost of this gives me anxeity attacks.

Need to do: florist, decor (know what I want but we are doing it ourselves), get onto my DYI projects, DJ, Honeymoon, finally decide on hair and make up person, order dresses for bridesmaids…. speak to officiant, videograoher??? oh dear… lots more to do.

Post # 5
845 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@Nic01:  Absolutely! That’s a great idea actually!

Oh vendors – so sorry about your florist! LOL. Don’t you just hate how patronising some vendors can be? ‘Oh little lost bridal couple, let me show you the way, nevermind what you want’.

I love that Fiance is willing – we’ll see. I am at a point where I don’t mind seeing what he comes up with at all. He chose the cake design replete with toppers too. LOL. I think I’ll have to send you pics of the day when it comes so we can consider whether that was such a good idea. Hahaha!

Post # 6
409 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Hello everyone! 8 months, 2 weeks and 1 day to go for me! Sooooooooo excited!

I’ve been so organised, but I’ve just encountered my first big blip – my Sister’s Bridesmaids dress no longer fits! πŸ™ She’s been on medication and its made her put on weight and it no longer fits πŸ™ And the dresses are out of stock now πŸ™ So I’ve got to buy three new dresses! 

Really not what I needed!! 

Post # 8
409 posts
Helper bee

@Nic01:  Probably not πŸ™ and she’s turned round and said she hates short dresses because she hates her legs and she wants a long one. I want all matching BMs so I’ve got to change them. I’m getting them from a Chinese seller on eBay, and I’ve said if the dresses turn out horrible she’ll have to wear the original dress or not at all. 

Still got to sort our wedding rings, the men’s suits, ceremony readings and music, and decide on hair and makeup! Oh and get our stationery printed! But that’s about it really? 

Hows all your plans coming along? Time is flying now!! 

Post # 9
245 posts
Helper bee

Fun!  I’m pretty far along too, I guess!

Already booked venue, caterer, photographer, videographer, officiant, DJ, hair & makeup, and florist. 

Bought my dress, shoes, jewelry, hair accessories, and veil.  We’re half way done with our favors as well!

Still need to work on DIY decor for the ceremony, and choose the grooms’ & groomsmen’s tuxes and bridesmaids’ dresses, rings, and invitations.

Currently working on booking hotel blocks – Silly me, I thought we’d just be able to call a couple of hotels, block off a set of rooms, and be done with it.  Apparently, it’s a much longer involved process where I need to go see the hotels in person and meet with the managers to negotiate prices.  Ugh!

Booking transportation has been slightly overwhelming too since everyone wants to charge us an arm and a leg.  Ironically, though, I’ve become frighteningly comfortable dropping hundreds upon thousands of dollars on things for the wedding, so I’m not sure why I’m apprehensive about a limo & shuttle, haha.  Probably because it’s not as fun as dress shopping or choosing your DJ πŸ™‚

Hope all my fellow December brides are enjoying the process as much as I am! 

The topic ‘8 months to go – December bees!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors