Post # 2
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2022

im going to go with 8 so it doesn’t outshine the e-ring 🙂

Post # 4
3750 posts
Honey bee

I think the eight pointer will look better. The 10 pointer is taking away from your beautiful diamond.

Post # 5
Hostess
2548 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2005 - Shreveport, LA

8 pointer will look amazing while still letting your center stone be the star!

Post # 6
720 posts
Busy bee

I may be so dumb here but what does the term “point” mean in this case? Is it the amount of prongs on a band? 

Post # 7
Hostess
6818 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
@brvsl:  The larger band (10-pointer) is beautiful. It looks fine with your ring, although your beautiful center stone kind of sinks into the band and “disappears” from the top-down view. So, although you don’t have a picture of  your engagement ring with the smaller (8-pointer) band, I think that one would look best with your ring. It would look more balanced and let the ring and band both shine together.

If you think you will often wear the band alone, I would go with the 10-pointer, because it will stand on its own slightly better. And it still looks nice for times when you want to wear it with your engagement ring.

View original reply
@workingonmynightcheese:  Not dumb at all! I always have to look it up to remind myself of what the sizes are. “Pointer” refers to the size of the diamonds on the band. “8-pointer” are diamonds that are .08 carat each. “10-pointer” are diamonds that are .10 carat each.

Post # 9
720 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@longtimemrs:  Thank you! I have seen this descriptor used a few times and have been trying to count anything I could on the images associated with the posts haha. I love learning jewelry industry terms!

I vote for the 8 as well! 

Post # 10
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2022

View original reply
@brvsl:  I’m definitely a follower of bigger is better, but this picture you posted, my eyes are immediately drawn to the band, and it does make your e-ring look a bit dull by comparison. I think the 10pt size is getting a bit too close to your e-ring stone size, smaller stones will likely twinkle more rather than steal the show

Post # 11
829 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

Definitely 8

Post # 12
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I prefer the 8 with your beautiful engagement ring.

Post # 13
312 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Tennessee

It’s pretty but bigger isn’t always better. 8 would look so beautiful and more proportionate to your e-ring. 

Post # 14
793 posts
Busy bee

Definitely the 8 pointers.  The 10 pointers take away from your e-ring rather than compliment it. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors