(Closed) 8 Simple Rules for Proposing to Me

posted 6 years ago in Proposals
Post # 3
3078 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I jokingly told him he couldn’t do it on a holiday or birthday.

Post # 4
3471 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - The Gables Inn, Santa Rosa, CA

My only “rule” was that I told him (years before he proposed) that I could never marry someone without my family’s blessing.  Since my dad passed away before we met, he asked my dad’s sister & her husband, and my dad’s mom for their blessings. 

Post # 5
3265 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

He actually brought up that he doesn’t want to do it on my birthday or holiday, especially not Christmas. He also said he would never do it at a restaurant. I’m just fine with that. I told him to just make sure that I’m not bumming around in PJs.

Post # 6
853 posts
Busy bee

Haha, that’s funny! My Fiance actually proposed at an apartment that I was renting, so I guess we can’t return there! But, we still have the day that comes around once a year! 😀

Post # 7
3626 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I did! Not in front of family or friends. Not in a restaurant or hidden in food. And not near water.

Post # 8
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Those rules are cute! My Fiance actually told me he thought that anyone who proposed on a holiday or a birthday was looking for an easy way out. It’s always easy to share a special day. It takes something good to MAKE a special day! <3

Post # 9
925 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I really wanted him to hire a “paparazzi” for when he did it–like have my sister hiding in some bushes–but he ended up doing it in my room at 1am with just us 2. Either way, I was happy! We faked some shots of him doing it immediately after 🙂

Post # 10
1237 posts
Bumble bee

I asked my Fiance to please not do it over Christmas because we were going to be staying with his family and I wanted either both families to be able to be there or neither. 

Post # 11
1628 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I requested he not do it in front of other people, that was the only one lol

Post # 12
2651 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Not a holiday or birthday. 

Post # 13
1281 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

My only request was no public proposal but honestly after 5 years, I wouldn’t have griped one bit!

Post # 14
5670 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

I didn’t give him a list but Darling Husband knew that:

1)It couldn’t be done in a way that I couldn’t tell my family the truth. Ex. in bed or on vacation because my relatives are old fashion and I could never admit to going away with him

2) No sporting events

3)No holidays 

4)He needed to ask my dad

5) Getting down on one knee is a must

Post # 15
1237 posts
Bumble bee

@bearlove:  I didn’t really want a bunch of people there but he did have a co-worker hide in the bushes to take a picture and I love that he did that!

Post # 16
9824 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

I pretty much just didn’t want it to be in public.

The topic ‘8 Simple Rules for Proposing to Me’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors