(Closed) 8 too young to be junior BM?

posted 6 years ago in Bridesmaids
  • poll: is 8 years old too young to be a junior bridesmaid?
    Too young, have her as another flower girl. : (10 votes)
    40 %
    no it's not too young : (15 votes)
    60 %
  • Post # 3
    475 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I have 4 (future) nieces and a nephew and we’re making the youngest niece a flower girl and the rest are going to be junior bridesmaids (obviously nephew is the RB)… I think the youngest JBM is 9 or 10, so not too far off. How old is your flower girl and how is she compared in age to the other JBMs?

Post # 5
    3417 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Lodge

My daughter is only going to be 9 when Fiance and I get married.  We were actually planning on getting married next month but things happened one including Fiance mom passing away and so we put the wedding off for another 2 years (our reception site books 2 years in advance and when we cancelled someone else picked up that date immediately).  Anyway she’s going to be my Junior Maid of Honor.  She’s going to stand right behind my best friend and I’ve even told her she could hold my bouquet when we’re saying vows.  It’s your wedding you can do whatever you want.

Post # 6
    10288 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2011

I was a jr. bridesmaid in my aunt and uncles wedding when I was 8 so I’m going to say no, not too young. 🙂

Post # 7
    529 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

My Jr. Bridesmaid or Best Man is 9, I don’t think 8 is too long.

Post # 9
    1319 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

I don’t know…I feel like the role should be reserved for teenagers. My flower girl was 11, and she had a blast. There’s no way I would’ve made her a Bridesmaid or Best Man, though.

Post # 10
    4194 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

She’ll probably love the fact that she gets a “special” title that no one else has.

The topic ‘8 too young to be junior BM?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors