8 weeks pregnant and so sick

posted 7 months ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
500 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Kslim13 :  oh my gosh that sounds horrible! How in the world did you manage? I still cannot open the refrigerator door without gagging. You are amazing!

Post # 17
2569 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I was the same and absolutely miserable! I mainly survived off of berries and watered down Campbell’s classic chicken noodle soup the first trimester. I would also get a Sprite from Sonic and when the drink was gone I’d chew on the ice to help with nausea. I also started chewing mint gum during pregnancy, which helped too. I liked those little cube ones the best. 

Post # 18
696 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Montego Bay, Jamaica

I was SO SICK from 6-9ish weeks. It was awful. I was constantly nauseous, my strong sense of smell made it worse and eating became such a pain in the ass because NOTHING ever sounded good. I would get so car sick driving home from work in the evenings and would sometimes have to run in from the garage to make it into the toilet. Feeling miserable makes time move so slow but just try to find a happiness in knowing your body is cooking a perfect little baby and this is oh so temporary. I found dry, plain Cheerios the easiest to eat. Hang in there mama. 

I was also taking B6 and unisom for nausea. I forgot the dosage but that helped take the edge off a little. 

Post # 19
428 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Ugh, sorry you’re dealing with this. Nausea sucks. I found that mixing packets of Emergen-C with ice water helped me feel better. I would basically sip it my entire commute so I wouldn’t throw up on the train. Hang in there! 

Post # 21
2000 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

indiblue :  i dont even know. Plus at the time i didnt want to announce to anyone till i got to 15 weeks. So i basically lied for a good 4 or 5 weeks to everyone at my job that i had the stomach flu….. and would randomly disappear every 30 minutes, my coworkers HATED me at the time. But they forgave me and understood why once i announced 🙂 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors