(Closed) 8 weeks pregnant with some red spotting. Worried.

posted 8 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
1892 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I did not experience any spotting, but if I had I would want to know what was going on…even if there was nothing they could do or it was normal. I would call my doctor and inform them that I had some red spotting today and see what they say. Giving them a call can’t hurt anything. I’d personally have to know for my own peace of mind.

I hope you get some answers soon! Best wishes.

Post # 4
6394 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’ve heard that some women have bleeding during their pregnancy during the time that would have been their monthly cycles. Definitely get it checked out, but hopefully you can breathe easier now!

Post # 5
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2010

I would have them arrange for you to have hormone tests (blood tests). You have two blood tests 48 hours apart and they will give you the results. They can tell quite a bit by the pregnancy hormone numbers in those two tests. Good luck!

Post # 6
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

this is pretty common. some women mistake this for their period and don’t even realize they’re pregnant! listen to what your doctor said, and try to relax!

Post # 7
5398 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Common or not, if it happened to me I’d want to get checked out ASAP.  My doctor asks about any bleeding/spotting/cramping at every single visit and says that if I experience any of it, especially any type of bleeding she wants me to arrange to come in right away just in case.  So, if I were you that’s what I would do.

Post # 8
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2007

I spotted for about 2 days around 11 weeks over a weekend, and my OB had me come in that Monday morning for a check, and everything was fine- we decided it was sex-related (which was fun in that I got to tell my husband “You bruised my cervix, therefore I believe it is YOUR turn to do the dishes”). I had a friend who spotted on an off throughout her first trimester. It’s not a positive thing, but there are certainly plenty of women who experience it and go on to have totally healthy uncomplicated pregnancies.

Post # 9
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

Though it is fairly common, I agree in insisting on getting it checked out. A simple blood test will be able to tell you like Jenn23 was talking about. Your pregnancy hormones double each day, and that’s why they have to do it over a 48 hour span. It will give you peace of mind and help to keep your stress level down.

I hope all turns out ok. You’re in my toughts!

Post # 10
1553 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’d still have them check it out. It is likely nothing, but having the doctor see what’s going on and letting you know everything is OK will certainly make you feel better.  I think that’s better than you worrying about it for the next two weeks

When I was about ten weeks pregnant with my son, I had some bleeding.  A lot of bleeding..and a (Warning:  Too Much Information alert!) big blood clot about the size of my Blackberry.  I was sure that was the baby!  But I went to the ER and had it checked out…and the baby was fine.  We could see him moving around on the ultrasound as if nothing had happened.  So I know from experience, you can have a lot of bleeding…and the baby can still be fine, but have it checked, if only for your own peace of mind.

Post # 11
684 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2009

I had spotting in the beginning of both of my pregnancies. My first pregnancy I got pregnant in October and had light spotting November and Deceomber. With this pregnancy I got pregnant in June and had spotting in July and August. I’ve been there!

I know its a little scary. But your doctor is right. As long as its not filling a whole pad, really dark red, clotty, or causing major cramps then your just fine. If this is your first pregnancy then you tummy is going through some MAJOR changes. Sometimes a little blood happens. Keep a close eye on it and don’t worry too much! I still spot after sex or when my doctor examines my whoo-ha. I’m sure your perfectly fine!!!

Post # 12
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

When I was pregnant before, I had some spotting. It was very very very light, and lasted less than a day for 2 days far apart from each other. Everything I read said this was “normal” so I didn’t freak out about it, and my OB aslo said not to worry. I also continued having pregnancy symptoms, which started at 8 weeks for me. But when I went to hear the heart beat at 12 weeks, there was none. They said the baby was the size of a 6 week old, so it had passed a while ago. And that was even before my pregnancy symptoms started. Since it was still in me, my hormones and everything were still going crazy.

I would definitely go to the doctor just to make sure everything’s ok. No, they can’t do anything to stop a miscarriage, but I think it would have been nice to know when it happened so I didn’t go that 6 weeks in pregnancy bliss. I’d rather just have gotten the bad stuff over with quicker.

I’m not trying to scare you, but I just want to make sure that you get checked out to make sure you’re ok.

Post # 13
870 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

My mom said she had a full period threw the whole pregnancy with my older sister, nothing with me, and spotted all three trimesters with my younger sister. Try not to worry too much because stress isn’t good for you or the baby. Just relax and wait until you can talk to your doctor. They can probably tell you what’s going on.

The topic ‘8 weeks pregnant with some red spotting. Worried.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors