(Closed) 8 weeks until wedding, MOB still doesn’t have a dress

posted 7 years ago in Family
Post # 3
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

is she willing to spend a bit more money? Nordstroms has some really pretty dresses for MOB

Post # 5
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Buy one for her. If she hates shopping, she’ll thank you for it. 

Post # 6
3 posts
Wannabee

I’m glad I’m not alone here…I consider myself the furthest thing from a control freak but my wedding is 7 weeks away and my mom hasn’t expressed the slightest interest in a MOB dress. I guess my concerns stem from the fact that she has notoriously worn “blouses” (a t-shirt with some lace/beads/or sequin detail somewhere) leggings or casual cotton/polyester dresses to “dress up” for graduations, weddings, fancy restaurants, etc in the past. Every time I bring up the MOB dress subject she states that she intends to lose weight and wants to wait until closer to the wedding. I suppose I am secretly terrified that she’ll show up with one of her usual super casual outfits. My Future Mother-In-Law bought her dress months ago – I guess I expected my mother to be more excited about finding a dress too.  The closer the wedding gets the more worried I am about my mother grabbing another t-shirt off the rack somewhere. 

Post # 8
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

That’s too bad! My mom was so excited she bought her dress before I’d even tried any on!

The topic ‘8 weeks until wedding, MOB still doesn’t have a dress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors