(Closed) 8 years, and holy moly, we’re buying the ring tomorrow!

posted 9 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1266 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Ok, there is no chance of being able to read that…but from your post title I take it your getting engaged!

CONGRATS!

Post # 5
2007 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Congratulations!!  So exciting!  I’m afraid I can’t really answer any of your questions but I’m pretty sure you’re allowed to be out-of-your-mind excited, even after 8 years.  😉

Post # 6
1266 posts
Bumble bee

ha ha, much better!

Congratulations again! What an exciting time for you!

I did not go with my Fiance to get the ring (as it was a suprise proposal) but I do know it took about 6 weeks to come (thats for Tacori) but I am sure, most come sooner etc…

Do you have any pics of the ring yet?

Can’t wait to see! 🙂

Post # 7
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

how exciting!  enjoy very moment!

i’ve been with my SO a long time too, and we are in the ring designing process.  it’s taking too long!!!  i want it now!  /veruca salt  :-p

Post # 9
510 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

yay resabug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was with my fiance for 7 years before he popped the question…and we had talked about rings for about 3 years before that…it was painful!!!!!!! :)when I finally got it I think I looked at it for a month straight! but now that we are less than 4 months from the big day I get more and more excited about becoming the Mrs 🙂 

Post # 10
2641 posts
Sugar bee

Congrats!  Keep us posted!

Post # 11
250 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Congratulations!!!  You deserve to enjoy every second of this process (especially after 8 years).  It is a gorgeous ring.

I have been with my Fiance for 3.5 years, which has seemed like a long time to me (we are in our early 30s).  We are going to pick out the ring this afternoon.  I am so excited I have been completely useless today as well.  Haven’t done a thing, except for talk to my sister on the phone about it and look at rings on the internet.

Post # 12
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

CONGRATS!

Dude, I was with my now-fiance for 7 years and 4 months when he proposed.  Count em!  I was beyond excited.  Part of me thinks the fact that we had waited so long made it even better ; )

I didn’t "know" he purchased the ring until after the fact (though I suspected becuase he kept dropping little hints).  He bought the ring on a Thursday in New Husband and his mom drove it down on Monday night to him Boston when it was ready (it had to be sized).  He proposed Tuesday night.  He said he wanted to wait until the weekend, but knew that I had plans with my girlfriends on Thursday night and wanted me to be able to "show off" my ring.

So much fun!!

Post # 13
1266 posts
Bumble bee

Oh its so pretty! the sides are close to what my band is like! can’t wait to see the finished project!

Post # 14
662 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - The Mountain Terrace, Woodside, CA

Congrats, and I love your ring!

To answer your questions, my Boyfriend or Best Friend and I were together for 6 years (and had known each other 9) before he finally proposed.  He told me back in October to pick out a ring, but I didn’t get it until this March.  It took about 1 month to order it (it’s a Verragio).  Congratulations again!

Post # 15
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Yes, I was that excited too!  And we’d been together over 7 years.  Somehow, all of the time just made everything seem that much more real.  And my ring took ages to finally arrive (but, we were using an heirloom stone that had to be unmounted, a new ring designed around it, and then the ring made).

HAVE FUN!  Make sure to post a pic when you have it. 

The topic ‘8 years, and holy moly, we’re buying the ring tomorrow!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors