(Closed) 80 year old wedding guests…special accomodations?

posted 8 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

I made sure that the hotel we’re going to get room blocks in is very handicap accessible, that the venue has an elevator, and that there will be seating at every stage of the event (including cocktail hour and the room we’ll be dancing in). 

Post # 4
4465 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Agree with seating and elevators.  Also, not having the bathroom in a ridiculous/far away location because sometimes older people need to get there in a hurry.

Also, this may sound silly, but my mom is adding those slipper socks with gripper things on the bottom to our flip flop basket.  She thinks the older guests may appreciate it.

Post # 6
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

If you are having a buffet, make sure someone serves them first before the other guests get up there.

Post # 7
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

We will also try to seat them away from the speakers and crowded dance floor so people are not constantly pushing by them and they wont have to yell over the band to speak with one another.

Post # 8
1148 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Also, make sure to spend a little more time than you might want/plan to, talking with them. They will really appreciate it and honestly most of them will have the best wedding advice you’ll get (they’ve been through it all already). A really important thing would be to make sure the chairs are comfortable and that they won’t get too hot or cold.

Post # 9
665 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Make sure you have foods that are not choking hazards. It sounds silly, but I’m an aide in a nursing home and I’ve seen a 90 year old nana choke at a reception before. They served the woman a scone… I mean, really…

The topic ‘80 year old wedding guests…special accomodations?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors