(Closed) $8000.00 rental fee!!!! oh my…

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
3166 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@miss. eire: personally, no – not worth it to me.

Post # 4
1944 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I think that has more to do with your date than anything. I imagine fees on NYE are pretty high, I know my sisters was. It’s just going to come down to if you really want this and is it in your budget. What’s more important to you; the place or the date?

Post # 5
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

absolutely not. 8k JUST for the space (and MOST reception spaces will include freaking tables/lines/chairs!!!) is RIDICULOUS. 

Post # 6
2600 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’ve seen a lot of places in the areas where I’ve worked in weddings that have CRAZY holiday or special event rates.  Often it’s really to discourage a wedding… for whatever reason.  They’ll make more money on their holiday specials or would lose a lot of return business from it, staff wouldn’t make as much money, that type of thing.

Not very cool, but that’s what happens.

There is a small place by me that in their peak season, requires an ADDITIONAL $10K on top of regular site and menu fees.  Insanity!

Post # 7
10366 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

If it in a CHicago venue and comes with tables and good chairs, that isn’t so crazy. I paid $5000 for mine, with the same amount of time and w/ tables/chairs. And that was just San Diego….after seeing what fabulous places in Boston cost, I would bet that your place is right on par.

Post # 8
592 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Depends on how badly you want it there I guess. I would look around some more. I can definitely think of better things to spend 8k on than 5.5 hrs at one venue. To put it in perspective for you: that’s almost $1,500 per HOUR.

Post # 9
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

My venue fee was $12k.  Granted it’s at a B&B and that includes all of the rooms… BUT there wasn’t an option not to take the rooms, so having that venue at all meant paying this amount.  It was a lot but a dream venue is a dream venue.  I can’t imagine what the price would be if we were trying to do it on NYE!!  I think if that’s your dream location and date AND you can afford it, then it sounds reasonable to me…esp for a big city like Chicago.

Post # 10
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I would not spend that kind of money on just the venue. I have spent a tenth of that on my venue (not New Years mind you) 

Depends on your budget of course. I think you need to move on to another venue or another date. I know that’s not what you want to do but something’s probably got to give. 

Post # 11
405 posts
Helper bee

Not worth it!  Don’t do it!  I think my friend had no rental fee in Chicago (gold coast) and it was only $130 per person (20000 minimum).  Including EVERYTHING!  Chiavari chairs, colored linens etc.  So I think you can find something better.  

Post # 12
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012 - Salvage One, Chicago

Are you talking about Salvage One?? I’m getting married there next May, it’s an amazing venue, but that is a bit steep. We are doing everything there so we have it for all 6 hours, but thats still $6,000 an hour. If you go for it I hope you make the most of the space, or try to bargain them down somehow.

Post # 13
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

that 8K could be your entire budget! talk about abusing the day!

Post # 14
136 posts
Blushing bee

a lot of hotels here are around that price. my venue (a restaurant) in the larger room is 10K but that was more then our budget our room is 5k but we signed the contract yesterday and I was able to work it out to 2300$ plus 200$ for ceremony set up. haha pretty excited cause our ceremony is in the bigger room and that was suppose to be 500$ (doesn’t include JP) 

Post # 15
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012 - Salvage One, Chicago

Opps, I meant $1,000 an hour

The topic ‘$8000.00 rental fee!!!! oh my…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors