(Closed) 81 days til the wedding and no family bookings!!

posted 6 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 4
400 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@MississippiQueen:  I have been  going thru the same thing… I feel like it is harder for ppl to book when you are basically saying ” i want you to pay for this trip to support me” it is easier for ppl to book and  pay for vacation when it is something that they want to do, not saying that they don’t want to come to your wedding. Also you have a lot of ppl who are “waiting for price to drop” when really the closer you get to the date the higher the prices will get and then they will decide at the last minute that they are not coming. Have you received any RSVP cards?

Post # 5
645 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

We had similar problems with family making arrangements. I was stressed out because our area sells out quickly and everyone that was traveling for the wedding just assumed there would be hotels available. I realize its hard to do but try not to stress, believe it or not even the slackers will get there shii together in the end.

Post # 7
84 posts
Worker bee

Sorry to hear about what your going through, It seems that is something almost every destination brides goes through, I went through it as well. 

But I do believe that yes, your invites should hv been mailed out already. I sent my STD sept, then my invites were all sent out by end of Jan. Like you said its usually close friends and family that are invited to DW  but it makes it real and official when they have the invite in their hands.

Good luck I hope everything works out and keep us posted.

Post # 8
501 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We are 30 days out and had a few people who still hadn’t booked. Our resort is completely booked and there are no rooms left. So FI’s brother and wife can’t stay at our resort bc they have waited til the last minute.

We also have 2 people who do not have passports yet…one of those people being my mom. :/ Not cool. She is still waiting to get her birth certificate and who knows how long that will take. I paid for her trip, and did not pay additional for insurance, so if she doesn’t get it in time I will just be out about $1000 and my mom who is the only family member of mine  attending the wedding will not be there.

I am just staying positive and trying to understand that it is what it is.

Post # 10
84 posts
Worker bee

Im so sorry to hear tht hun!  How many people do you have booked so far?

The topic ‘81 days til the wedding and no family bookings!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors