(Closed) 8.18.12 Bridal Party Dilema

posted 6 years ago in August 2012
Post # 3
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I know how you feel, I have a similar situation where one of my bridesmaids STILL hasnt ordered her bridesmaid dress. Granted its only from Davids Bridal and they usually come in within 4-6 weeks, but no one realizes the stress it puts on the bride! Maybe politely ask your Bridesmaid or Best Man if she’d like you purchase the dress and she can pay you back before the wedding? Luckily since you’re so flexible in that it only has to be black, she will probably be safe waiting as late as the week of- but who wants to do that?!

As far as the groomsmen, I don’t think any guy who isn’t a groom has any clue what the difference is between ivory and white. Maybe see if your Fiance will go shopping with the guys and help them along, or you could even join! Good luck!

Post # 5
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@Megan2035:  Megan, Mel should be your Maid/Matron of Honor if you haven’t already asked her since she is helping you out so much.  As for the friend who has not bought her black dress, I think you should just be honest and talk to her and tell her that you are stressed out about that.  Maybe find some black bridesmaid dresses online for her to help guide her along?  Send her an email just saying that all the other girls bought their dresses already and you just wanted to know if she’s gotten around to it because you’d like her to send you a picture of the dress so you can see that the look is “cohesive.” Hope that works out for you!   You can also tell her that if being a Bridesmaid or Best Man is too much for her to please let you know so you can find someone else.  Just say it nicely, who knows she may back out.

Post # 7
4676 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Can you suggest some affordable options for the Bridesmaid or Best Man who still needs a dress?  Go online, make links to a bunch of different options and e-mail them to her.   I know it feels like no time for you, but a black dress is easy enough to find.  

Did you set up a rental for you wedding?  (for the groomsmen?) Ivory can be very different depending on where you get it from.  I would suggest just buying the shirts for them (If you aren’t renting), or having Fiance go with them to a department store and buying them together.  

I still haven’t ‘delegated’ Maid/Matron of Honor for my wedding either.  I only have two Bridesmaid or Best Man in my party, my sister and good friend.  It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one that has sat on this issue! 

The topic ‘8.18.12 Bridal Party Dilema’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors