(Closed) .85 and 1.1 I think I chose wrong!

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1486 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I bet it is beautiful! Do you have pictures!?

Post # 4
1629 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Oh no that will look big on your fingers.  1.1 would be flashy.

Post # 5
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

On a size 4 ring finger it’ll look big =) I have a 1 carat but I wear a size 8 so it looks smaller lol.

Post # 7
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

Just remember that a cushion cut sizes up smaller than a round cut of the same carat weight!

Post # 8
1181 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I wear a ring size 5.5 and chose over a 1ct solitaire with a 1ct half eternity band to match. I need a lot of sparkle. I think the .85 will be perfect, especially because you can always add double bands around it instead of just one…plus your fingers are smaller.

You can also check out finger coverage on this chart: Pricescope RBC chart for relative diamond size to ring size finger coverage.

So actuall with your ring size, your diamond will cover about 41% of your finger if it is .85 ct, the same as my 1.2 ct  stone. So I think it will be plenty flashy and not too small at all. The 1.1 would have covered about 46%, and with the side stones, it would have covered more than half the width of your finger….very flashy indeed. ๐Ÿ˜€

By The Way, I’m a future Mrs. Leon too ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 12
1850 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Don’t even worry about it! That is going to look perfect…especially on size 4 fingers, especially since you have a halo (that tends to make things look larger). If you’re not a very flashy person I think 1.1 might have been a little too much. Can’t wait to see the pics when you finally get it in:)

Post # 13
1181 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Future Mrs. Leon: Awww. yeah we have dogs, and they have lion toys for that reason!! Laughing When I first went to his dad’s house, they actually have a garden statue of a lion out front too!!

Post # 15
483 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@Future Mrs. Leon: Wish I could help you out as I have a .74 and it’s set in a halo ( I think and Fiance has it so I have not seen it) 

The stone was originally in a solitair and looked pretty big, so I bet your .85 will look great.   I wear size 5.5 ring.   Yours will look pretty big!

The topic ‘.85 and 1.1 I think I chose wrong!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors