1636 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Thanks for the info!

Post # 4
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

Yikes… I hope Miss Poodle’s family is ok!!

Post # 5
2513 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Things are getting way scary weather-wise. It really gets me to wondering how long we really have left on this planet…

Post # 6
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Sending lots of love and positive thoughts to all those affected. How terrifying. I can’t even imagine.

Post # 7
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I know! When I heard I immediately thought of the Sewings and the Poodles. I’ll be thinking about them and their families. 🙁

Post # 8
431 posts
Helper bee

My family is in Hawaii as well. Cry Since the moment I woke up I have been reading every news update.  I couldnt even reach them on their cellphones cause the lines were busy!  argh!  it’ll be hard waiting till 11:19am (hawaii time) to find out what happens! 

Post # 9
7053 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’m sending out good thoughts and prayers to all bees in Hawaii, if some are in Chile, and others in island areas, including Japan, in the Pacific ocean. 

I guess we won’t know what is going to  happen until more time is passed.

Just know we’re thinking of you.  Even coastal CA (according to my aunt) is thinking they’ll get much much larger waves as a result of this catastrophe.   

Post # 10
5498 posts
Bee Keeper

I’m also sending good thoughts and prayers. I have friends going to school over there.

Post # 11
1481 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Thoughts and prayers to everyone in Chile and Hawaii. Was thinking about Mrs. Poodle and anyone honeymooning in either place.

Post # 12
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I lived in Chile for 9 years. I still haven’t been able to get in touch with most of the people I know who are there. At least Santiago has very strict building codes for earthquakes so hopefully that protected alot of people. My heart goes out to them.

Post # 13
360 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009 - Westwind YWCA camp

I live in Chile right now, in La Serena.  I felt an earthquake this morning, and I live over 500 miles north of the epicenter in Concepcion (southern chile).

For those who have family in Chile, cell phones were out this morning, and internet has been town until just now.  Internet may be spotty for the next few days.

The santiago airport is closed for the next 40-72 hours; it sustained heavy damage in the earthquake.

I have some friends in concepcion, I hope they and their families are safe 🙁

Post # 14
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Are the Bear Cubs still in Chile? Hope they’re okay…. everyone in Chile and Hawaii are in my thoughts, so sad to see another disaster. 

Post # 15
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

@bear cub – we posted at the same time. I hope your friends are safe!

The topic ‘8.8 Earthquake in Chile | Tsunamis in Hawaii’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors