(Closed) 8.8 Earthquake in Chile | Tsunamis in Hawaii

posted 10 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 17
2143 posts
Buzzing bee

From what I saw on a news briefing, the damage in Chile isn’t horrendous, as in it wasn’t leveled like Haiti was. I’m sure there is a lot of structural damage and such, but they are more accustomed to earthquakes and as a result have built their structures to withstand them. As far as the Tsunami warning goes, they have been bless with a couple hours heads up so hopefully there are minimal casualties, if any (except you know some bone-headed person is going to want to stick around to video tape it, or watch it, etc, and get caught up in it)

Post # 18
461 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I woke up to sirens at 6am (well actually I woke up like one minute before they went off, strangely…) and they’ve gone off several times since.  They keep changing the schedule but everyone is warned.  The line to get gas was nuts (I went to one that happened to be running outta gas and the pumps were slow.) and the grocery stores are packed and lots of things are closed, but hopefully nobody gets hurt!!

Hopefully the death toll in Chile doesn’t get much higher although they said on the radio that was what “they” anticipate… 🙁

Post # 19
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2007

im glad the bears are ok. anything on Ms. Poodle’s family? Praying for everyone in Chile and other affected areas.

Post # 20
5495 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

From what I hear from my firends the big island broke up most of it. 7 ft waves were the max where they were.

hope everyone else is safe as well!

Post # 21
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

This really scared me.  These disasters are happening too frequently lately.  8.8 is monstrous!  I can’t even imagine that.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones.  

Post # 22
230 posts
Helper bee

Great to know Mrs. Bear Cub is safe.

Post # 23
1508 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

OOps missed this on Mrs. Bear Cub. I had justed posted in the Wedding Bee folder about this.

The topic ‘8.8 Earthquake in Chile | Tsunamis in Hawaii’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors