(Closed) 8weeks pregnant & around a very sick baby?

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
5095 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

You are protecting your health and that of your fetus. That is a totally smart and reasonable thing to do, and if your employer doesn’t realize that, she’s a jerk.  (Or at least a little self-centered for the time being.)

Post # 4
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

You have to look out for your health and your baby’s health first. And you’re right, fevers can be dangerous and scary when you’re pregnant. I think you made a smart decision to stay home.

Post # 5
1810 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I agree. I am a nanny and always work when the boys I watch are sick, but if I got pregnant, I would definitely re-evaluate that choice, so I definitely don’t blame you.

If there are any other new issues that you think may come up due to your pregnancy, maybe you could sit down with her and explain to her your limits/ expectations ahead of time. Like maybe you used to work 12 hour days and feel like you might need to cut down to 9 hour days due to fatigue (or something like that), it may help if you talk to her before the issue presents itself– she may be more understanding. Does that make sense? It does in my head…  

Post # 7
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Holy cow! Yeah first things first is your health. If she is upset with you… in the grand scheme of it all it doesnt matter. I am surprised that she is being kind of a brat. It is common knowledge that fevers can be dangerous. Don’t worry about being overly cautious; better to be safe. Trust your instincts and just let her know. She will get over it and if she doesn’t… that is more her problem.

Post # 8
538 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Im sure shes just overwhelmed right now and a bit frustrated but hopefully as a mother herself she will understand.

Post # 9
2866 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I can understand why she’d be upset but it’s not like you just don’t want to work with a sick baby – you have to protect your own as well. You’re health right now is the most important thing – you are NOT being overly dramatic (especially since she will be there regardless). Stick to your plan, be apologetic but firm, she’ll get over it.

Post # 10
1483 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I think she’s being a bitch. If she took her kid to a regular daycare -or if the kid was in school -with a contagious illness, the kid would be sent home. That’s just the way it works. Sure, it’s inconvenient for the parents who have to change their plans or miss work, but welcome to being a parent.

Post # 11
4354 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Ever seen the movie Nanny Diaries? She seems a little crazy!

The topic ‘8weeks pregnant & around a very sick baby?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors