(Closed) 9-22-12

posted 7 years ago in September 2012
Post # 3
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I was just thinking the same thing… a year from Thursday and the countdown can truly begin!  And yes, September 22, 2012 has such a nice ring to it!  It is also the very first day of fall <3

Post # 5
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Getting married on September 22, 2012 as well and I can’t wait! @Dovelovesfalcon, you are definitely not crazy for planning already, especially if you are a DIY bride. My venue has two ballroooms and two terraces, and one of each is already booked for our date, so we are left with the other two. If we would have waited any longer we would have to change our date!

Post # 6
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

You’re not crazy at all!  If you are, then I guess I am too… either way it’s all good 🙂

I’ve purchased my dress (Aug 13, 2011), we’ve booked the reception and ceremony venues (July 22, 2011), and we booked our photographer (September 14, 2011)… my mom has purchased her dress already too… On top of all that, we have a set budget, a guest list, our wedding party has been selected, our colours have been chosen, we’ve got the hotel business taken care of, a friend is making our cake and doing the flowers and decor, I’ve purchased everything nescessary for the invitations (I am doing them myself) and the decorations… oh and we’ve chose our DJ (just have yet to put down a deposit)… I guess I should perhaps get on deciding who is going to marry us…

Post # 8
891 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m getting married 9-22-12 too! So excited to say September and not preface it with next!!!

@dovelovesfalcon: You’re definitely not planning too early! If you know what you want, there is no harm getting it booked sooner. At least you know you’ll have it done!

We’ve got our church booked, reception hall will be booked tomorrow, DJ is booked, photog booked, coordinator booked, caterer decided on but not booked. Bridal party is selected and ready to party! I’ve purchased my gown. We’re looking into our honeymoon cruise now, it’s already booking up!

Post # 9
235 posts
Helper bee

Yay!

I’ve purchased the dress, we’ve selected our wedding party (for the most part), we have an idea of our ceremony/reception venue, are working on sorting out the food, the flowers are figured out (my mom is doing them for us :D), and I know what song I’m walking down the aisle to.

Post # 10
891 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

One year from today we get married ladies! Let’s keep up the great planning!

365 days to go! (366 days next year, silly leap year!)

Post # 11
2135 posts
Buzzing bee

yay! I am a 9-22-12 bride too! I can’t believe that it is one year away!!!!! I am going to have my moms dress altered and modernized (its such an 80’s dress), I have the sites booked. I just have to call my caterer soon to book, and I am still looking at photographers.

Post # 12
1577 posts
Bumble bee

We changed to the 22nd from the 29th because of FH’s work schedule (he’s a firefighter). 

Last night (the 22nd) we celebrated our “pre-versary” by dressing up to the nines and going for a fancy dinner: and he surprised me by ordering escargot!  Then we walked and talked for hours, and I didn’t even get blisters from my stilettos. Bliss.

Ay others girls celebrate their pre-versary?

Post # 13
235 posts
Helper bee

@Ivorybuttons:

I said happy negative anniversary to the fiancé and he looked at me like I was nuts! Haha!

Post # 14
1577 posts
Bumble bee

@moosey agreed, we decided that -1st anniversary doesn’t sound right: too “negative”.  So pre-versary it was!  Did he understand and get into it though?

Post # 15
235 posts
Helper bee

@Ivorybuttons:

Haha, not at all. He’s not a date remembering kind of dude so I think he was worried he had already forgot something important! Luckily I didn’t really care– just thought it was a cool concept. 🙂

Post # 16
15 posts
Newbee

Officially decided yesterday – Sept 22, 2012! We had to wait until we picked our honeymoon before we could officially pick our date! We’re going on a cruise – So the ship and itinerary we wanted kind of determined our date!

So far we have the reception site, bridal party, food, dj, and I have a TON of ideas for my decor = ) I wasn’t planning on going dress shopping until March or April, but after reading this, maybe I should go sooner!

Is anyone having an outdoor wedding? I live in Ohio and I’m at odds right now about an outdoor ceremony or not. There is a BEAUTIFUL open field on top of a hill with trees in the distance that were amazing fall colors when we visited on Saturday – But I’m scared it will rain! If so, I’m not sure what our backup plan would be. Is anyone else stressing about an outdoor ceremony in Sept??

The topic ‘9-22-12’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors