(Closed) 9 Bridal trends that have gotten ‘tired’ (from Yahoo)

posted 7 years ago in Themes
Post # 3
1553 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I saw those last night.  I don’t agree with everything either.  I LIKE the pictures of the wedding dress on the hanger and of the invitation or the rings.  What does it hurt to include those shots?

And for the cupcakes?  I guess I live in the boonies because though I’ve seen cupcakes instead of a wedding cake at two weddings this year, I certainly don’t remember them as far back as 2000.

Post # 4
3624 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I don’t really agree with anything, except maybe taking the term Bridezilla outta the english/anylanguage vocabulary.

However, I did totally laugh at this comment about dogs being ring bearers: “To dogs, it’s the day the pillow they usually sit on, sat on them.”

Post # 5
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Neva: That’s totally what I said last night too…I was like damn…I guess my group of people is really out of the cupcake trend I’ve only seen it once =O

I did think the part about spending a ton of money to make the wedding look inexpensive was kind of funny. 

And you can tell whoever wrote the section about ‘bridezilla’s’ got called a bridezilla….a lot.

Post # 6
5657 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2012

I love wedding pictures of the dress, the details, the landscape, ect. It captures the overall feeling of the wedding day better than just getting pictures of the bride and groom all the time. When I look back on my day, I think it will be awesome to not just see my FH and I’d smiling faces, but also the little details

Post # 7
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I hated their list! I haven’t been to a single wedding with cupcakes, and I can’t wait to have them at mine…which is over a year away! I really disagreed with what they said.

@Neva….I agree, I think the pictures of the gown can be really artistic and beautiful.

Post # 8
726 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I have a friend that will be singing “at last” at my wedding ๐Ÿ™ lol. She just sounds so wonderful!! oh well

Post # 9
3624 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Jenbee: whatever! it is a gorgeous and totally appropriate song for how a lot of couples feel on that special day. Enjoy the uniqueness your friend brings to the song! It’s still a special message despite that stupid article.

Post # 10
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Jenbee: I’ve NEVER been a wedding where they sang ‘at last’.  I think this article was written by a bitter lady who wishes she could get married and is bagging on random things she saw this summer at weddings.  >.<

Post # 11
14568 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

That’s crazy, unless you go to a million weddings or are a wedding planner, you’re not going to know how often your song was used, or how many people used cupcakes and what not.  I hope this doesnt discourage people from doing what they want..

Post # 12
6248 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 1900

Meh, who cares if some writer thinks certain aspects of a wedding are “overdone”?   Considering the amount of people who get married every year around the world, aren’t there bound to be some repeating, common themes?

Post # 13
6512 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

@murmur: Yeah, I distinctly felt some bitterness there as well.  She was trying to be clever, but ended up sounding sad. 

Post # 14
3241 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Well, we had a laid back theme (married on a farm), our dog was ring bearer (but the rings were attached to his collar, not a pillow) and we had cupcakes. It’s interesting to see what was picked, but I think someone arbitrarily picked wedding items and just decided those items are now ‘outdated’ or ‘overdone’. Personally, I loved our wedding and wouldn’t change the day. 

Post # 16
963 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I did 5 of the 9. I’m so “OUT.”

And I walked down the aisle to “At Last.”  I counted that as one.

The topic ‘9 Bridal trends that have gotten ‘tired’ (from Yahoo)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors