406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

why did you hate it?

Post # 6
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@jennmariee:  i appreciated baz trying to make the movie a little more modern with the music but i just thought it was a whole jay-z/beyonce wank job and i wasn’t very impressed. i thought the other music was ok, but i completely agree with you about the random bits of jay-z. it was SOOOO damn long because they seriously stuck to the book like, to a tee. i also thought it was too long but overall, i really enjoyed it and thought it was better than i thought it would be. although tobey maguire’s derpy face sort of got to me after a bit lol ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 7
6355 posts
Bee Keeper

I only expect this movie to have pleasant luxurious imagery, there’s no reason to believe the story will be very compelling (the book is not… the focus is on a bunch of shallow rich women being shallow rich women and a guy trying to flaunt wealth enough to obtain one of them, wow, that’s… uh… a world in which there isn’t a single character I like, so not much of a story, IMO).

However, Art Deco is a very nice style and they’ve put a lot of effort into modernizing it to be maximally appealing (Tiffany’s is hoping to make a lot of money from this, and they’re not the only ones, so there’s been great attention paid to visual details to make it covetable), so… I 100% get what OP is saying, even though I haven’t seen the movie yet. 

Post # 8
6355 posts
Bee Keeper

@jennmariee:  Rap music?! I wish you were kidding. Dear lord. What passes for culture in 2013.

(To make it clear, I’m not dissing rap… actually I think it’s a great style of music when done properly… just, it completely clashes with the 1920s era, they just don’t belong together at all. What a horrible combination. That’s like beef-flavored ice cream.) 

Post # 9
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@jennmariee:  +1 

She was gorgeous but Fiance and I didn’t like it either. WAY too long. And a bit slow. And defintely wasn’t as intricate as the book.

Post # 10
3053 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

@joya_aspera:  omg beef flavored ice cream just made me gag a little! blechhhh

The topic ‘9 bucks for a movie ticket and all I got was makeup inspiration’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors