9 cringe-worthy fake-out proposals

posted 5 years ago in Proposals
Post # 3
486 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Some of these are really cruel. I can’t believe the women actually ended up getting married to some of these jerks. My SO knows how much I hate practical jokes and I can get very emotional when I feel led on. Even though I got a fake proposal from him it wasn’t nearly as serious or mean-spirited as some of these are. I don’t know if I could trust someone who did that, especially when the time for the real proposal came. 

Post # 4
10453 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Some of these are sooooo mean, especially the Christmas one!

Post # 5
1150 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Oh those are just cruel. Why would you marry someone after they do something like that? Seriously, emotional torture alert.

Post # 6
1935 posts
Buzzing bee

The Christmas and hidden lakes ones are so, so, so mean. They guys intentionally lied/decieved them! I wouldn’t marry someone like that!

Post # 7
463 posts
Helper bee

@howtobeawife:  Reciently this happened to an aquantence of mine—and I think its just horrific. Lets call them K and L. The couple has been together over a year and went to see the tree in rockerfeller center just after christmas. The boyfriend, L, got down on one knee and actually proposed in front of the couples friends and strangers. K said yes and as soon as she did, L gets up hugs her and says “SIKE!! And tells her that he’s kidding and it’s not real bc it was one big joke. I saw a picture of K and she looked so happy and excited in the moment. To make matters worse, the friends of the couple, thought it was real, and posted it to her fb right away. Everyone, including her family thought she was engaged, until she took the picture down.  🙁

I would have dumped the guy right then and there. I feel like a fake proposal that drastic, is just mocking the girl and telling everyone the relationship is a joke.  SMH.

Post # 8
7738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

The first two (Kristin and Megan) sound more like the ladies got their hopes up, and the guys were clueless rather than cruel. The last one (Jessica) was ok because I think he was just building suspense.

But the rest are just horrible and cruel. I can’t believe Nikki eventually said yes to that jerk. (Since she says “fiance”).

Post # 11
1306 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

OMG some of these are just plain mean! 

One time I got my hopes up. During our vacation over Christmas (right before my Darling Husband then Boyfriend or Best Friend deployed to Iraq), we decided to go to a zoo. As we were in front of the tiger cage, my Darling Husband says “You know how Rocky (one of his fave movies) proposed to Adrian in front of the tiger cage….” And I’m like “Yeah…” He says “that’s so dumb!”. My heart sank lol. I would have loved to be proposed to at the zoo!

Post # 12
427 posts
Helper bee

Well no wonder you always hear women saying, “Are you serious?!” and “Shut up!” when they get proposed to! You never want to get your hopes up just in case you are being tricked… Frown

Post # 13
6215 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

… that’s actually kinda hilarious if the girls had a sense of humor about it and had been very obvious in their hinting!

Post # 14
2143 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Wow. Not cool in my books. We’ve actually talked about this, and he knows how NOT okay with this I’d be haha 😉 

Post # 15
1670 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

My SO is terrified of accidentally doing this to me, that he will preface romantic setups with “this is not what you might think” – even though I’m in no danger of assuming he’s going to propose since we’re waiting to get engaged until after I meet his parents this fall!

I would be SO. HURT. if a guy did that to me on purpose. Yikes.

Getting your hopes up and thinking it might happen is one thing, but the guy on purpose faking you out is another.

Post # 16
780 posts
Busy bee

Smh.  I love to goof off and play pranks and just LOL in general all the time, but I have one word for fake-out proposals: No.  

Not funny.  That’s like me telling a guy he’s got the biggest dingdong that I’ve seen and him going “really?!!!! wow!” and me then going “Syke, kidding.”  Yeah, really funny ‘prank’.  ugh.  No one’s pull that shit with me, thank god

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors