(Closed) 9 days away

posted 4 years ago in Emotional
Post # 2
1077 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Maybe it will hit you on the day of? Not all brides have to be gushing to be happy about their wedding. I feel like that’s one reason why many elope. There aren’t those same bells and whistles and a couple can just be happy about their new life together.

A lot of it has to do with how we’re told we’re supposed to act. We see the blissed-out-of-her-mind brides on TLC and movies and we think that’s how it’s supposed to be.

I didn’t cry or get really excited when I found my dress. My family did, but I was calm. I’m happy to be married, but all this extra crap makes me resent it and wish we would have just eloped. I know what you mean.

Post # 3
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Hey date twin! Everytime someone asks “are you getting excited?!” i have to do this awkward yes/smile, because while i am rediculously exicted deep down inside, it’s mostly brushed aside by the stress of everything that has to happen in the next week and a half. I’m hoping after I do my drop-off and the stress is lessened it’ll be more gush-y exciting – hopefully for you too!

Post # 5
4442 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

alditt14:  I wasn’t excited either!  And didn’t get excited on the day, just really ridiculously nervous!

It’s like Christmas once you’re adult.  You look forward to it but you’re not child-like giddy.

Post # 6
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I am 10-11 days out, and no excitment. I am thrilled that I get to marry him, but it doesn’t show… Maybe it’s just the way some of us are made. *shurgs*

By the way, only 5 more days for you! WOO HOO! 🙂

Post # 7
2460 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Well I think that’s far better than you going batshit crazy right now! As long as you’re happy the day of, that’s all that matters! 🙂

Post # 9
2718 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Hey OP, would you like to say more about how it went?

The topic ‘9 days away’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors