(Closed) 9 days of high fertility – Clearblue OPK

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 2
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Do you think you could have PCOS?  

I found this on a blog when doing some googling so take it with a mountain of salt… “Frequently having multiple OPKs could be a sign of PCOS, because some women with PCOS tend to have raised LH levels. My OB says 1-2 is normal, 3 max. 5-6 + is abnormal and probably could mean you are not ovulating.”

Post # 4
1202 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

View original reply
ctopanga :  I never used those types of tests.  Maybe try Wondfos since they are cheap so you can test multiple times a day.

Post # 5
577 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Have you taken a pregnancy test?

Post # 7
577 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
ctopanga :  Well if you are pregnant an OPK will be positive due to the HCG in your body. While it’s very unlikely, you could have gotten pregnant during your last cycle and your “period” could have been implantation bleeding.

Post # 9
577 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
ctopanga :  Yeah based on that, I would highly doubt you are pregnant, but stranger things have happened.

Sorry for the confusing cycle – we have all been there!

Post # 11
577 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
ctopanga :  Yeah if you just came off BC it may take a while for your body to regulate. I’d give it another month and if for some reason you’re still having strange cycles, make an appointment with your OB. They can do an ultrasound/blood work to check things out so you know what’s going on in there. Best of luck!

Post # 12
276 posts
Helper bee

I’ll share my insight on this because I had this problem. My last couple of cycles have been really long and the OPKs had gotten confusing with lack of solid smiley. So this cycle, after 7 blinky smileys, I switched to a new holder – essentially starting all over. I then got new blinky smiles followed by a solid smiley.

Since these OPKs stay at the blinky smiley forever once it detects it (i.e. it won’t go back to the empty circle) if it detected a “false” rise or a small rise not actually indicating ovulation gearing up, it’s still going to sit there and give you flashing smileys until you’re dead. The other thing I’ve heard is that sometimes the second rise is small enough that the OPK misses it and in that case – more flashing smileys until the end of time.

Just what I’ve heard and whatnot.

Post # 14
2003 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
MrsBG :  This about PCOS. I have it and I’ve found that using the wondfo’s OPK strips have been useless. I always have two dark lines. I’m switching to temping this month – do you temp, as well?

The topic ‘9 days of high fertility – Clearblue OPK’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors