(Closed) 9 days of high fertility – Clearblue OPK

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 16
276 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
ctopanga :  No problem! I’ve always used the CB Advanced so I can’t recommend other brands. Others might though! And of course there could be a multitude of reasons for the OPKs or your cycle itself being wonky. If you have a doctors appointment scheduled any time soon, definitley don’t be afraid to ask about it.

Post # 17
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I would guess that it missed your peak if the two lines were close in darkness. Happens to me sometimes so I’ve started temping as well to check that everything coincides. 

Post # 19
4095 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
ctopanga :  Don’t look at the lines, they mean nothing. Many days of blinking smileys is normal…there is no set number as everyone’s estrogen levels are different throughout their cycle. I recommend you don’t use the advanced digital and just use the regular clearblue digitals. They do not track estrogen, so will be less confusing.

Post # 22
9878 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

The lines really don’t mean much. They don’t get progressively darker like a pregnancy test would.

I’d buy the cheap wondfos and test twice a day, personally. I’m just not a fan of the smiley thing.

Post # 24
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Hmm for me when I’m about to ovulate, the estrogen line gets really light. Yours was still dark but it could be different for everyone. I’d definitely recommend temping as well. Also, you say you had the peak on cd17 last month and AF came on cd27. Temping would help confirm whether your luteal phase is long enough as well. I know how frustrating it is waiting to ovulate once it gets past cd14!

Post # 25
4095 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
ctopanga :  Again, do not look at the lines. Read the instructions. The advanced OPK’s check for two different hormones, one that triggers the flashing and the other that triggers the solid. 

Post # 27
276 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
ctopanga :  Yeah definitely don’t look at the lines on those. They mean nothing and are not an indicator like other tests.

Post # 28
9561 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

when i was using OPKs, i would test at 10am and 2pm, starting on cd8

( i had shorter cycles)

Post # 29
65 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

If it makes you feel better, my second cycle off BC I had FIFTEEN days of flashing smileys in a row before getting a solid smiley. I really started to resent that stupid flashing face 🙂  After that, I bought some cheap wondfos and have been using those along with the CB regular OPK (non-flashing smiley version) to confirm O when the wondfo lines look dark enough.

I’ve only been off BC for a few months, and I’m still struggling to figure out what my normal cycle should look like. I’m trying (and failing) to be patient.

The topic ‘9 days of high fertility – Clearblue OPK’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors