(Closed) 9 days till my wedding! Any last minute advice? :)

posted 7 years ago in December 2011
Post # 3
11391 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

It goes by so fast! I mean so fast, take time to enjoy your soon to be husband! Get a moment alone with him when you can & just take it all in! 

My husband & I didn’t do a garter toss. Instead we went to a room alone & he took it off there. πŸ™‚ It was a special moment between just us & I loved it!

Post # 5
1037 posts
Bumble bee

I can’t believe your time has come to get married!!  I’ve been following your posts on hair, makeup, dress for a long time now.  I’m very excited to see the photos from your day!!

I would say just relax as soon as you’re ready, if you can.  Whatever happens, happens.  I honestly have never been so relaxed in my life (and I’m quite highly strung at times).  I realised the minute I was in my wedding dress that this would be the ONLY time I would ever do this. 

The reception was completely lost on me as I spent so long talking to my guests that I really missed it all so try and dance as much as you can and talk to your guests at the same time lol. 

You’ll have a great day and it’s true to say the minute you stand in front of your Fiance everyone sort of disappears and you don’t notice anyone else.

Have a great day!

Post # 6
Hostess
23599 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Yay I’m so excited for you! What a trip it’s been, eh?  It’s so fun to see everyone who has been planning alongside myself have their day! πŸ™‚  Best advice ever – remember to soak it all in!  Oh, and remember to have lots of water and little snacks during hair and makeup.

YAY! πŸ™‚

Post # 7
3618 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Hello date twin!!! I’m eager to read some of the advice as well!

Post # 9
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Like everyone said above, take time to be with your man before the wedding. It does go by so FAST and you will miss it once its all over. One thing i wished i would have done was go to the spa a couple days before the wedding, get a little massage, it would have relaxed me and let me rest for a bit. I was non-stop everyday up to the actual day, and once the day came i was almost too tired to enjoy it…

relax, rest up πŸ™‚

Post # 10
1370 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Carve out some time for yourself. Go shopping for something non-wedding related or have pedicures with your girl friends. It’s really nice having some quiet time to destress before the wedding. Oh, try not to sweat the small stuff.

I spent an afternoon by myself the day before my wedding to mentally destress before everyone came into town for the wedding. Darling Husband and my grandmother took care of all the errands that day. An engaged friend of mine also stopped by and we laughed how redic wedding planning is and went shopping. It was wonderful.

Post # 11
3364 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@agirlwithdreams7:   @yellowshoe: 

YAYA Weekend Twins! So excited. Im getting a little cold thing going on and scratchy throat, hope it leaves soon! 

Looking forward to reading some helpful advice! =)

Post # 12
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

do you have a corsett dress? if yes check to make sure you have the ribbon – the last wedding i was Bridesmaid or Best Man for the store didnt pack it and we found out about an hour before the wedding while she was getting dressed – talk about panic

Post # 13
138 posts
Blushing bee

Yay!! Im so excited (and slightly envious) of you!! lol Enjoy it and i cant wait to see photos of the day!

Post # 14
14494 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Save your text messages (esp. from FH), emails, pms, FBs, etc …from your day.  I go back and read DHs texts all the time.  I even printed them to put them in my scrapbook.

Have a lovely day, it goes by sooo fast.  Take just a moment to stand back and look around at all the people that showed up just to support you and how beautiful it all is.

Post # 15
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

No advice as I haven’t been there yet hehe, but I just wanted to wish you the best on your special day. Excited for you! You will be a beautiful bride! Your makeup pics are awesome.

The topic ‘9 days till my wedding! Any last minute advice? :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors