9 months later! Still no dress..

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
10548 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2016

That seems insane to me. My EOA dress came in 4 months, no problems. This sounds like a problem with the store you purchased from not EOA.

You do still have plenty of time until October though so I wouldn’t rush to buying another dress. I would probably go in person to talk to them and arrange some sort of agreement for a refund if the dress still isn’t in by X date. Do you have anything on paper with an estimate for delivery? That would be helpful in negotiating.

Also, is it possible to contact the designer directly? Or stand there while they call them for you?

Post # 3
5866 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: July 2018

Do you still want the dress? It’s annoying you don’t have it yet but if your wedding isn’t until October then there isn’t really anything to stress about. If they have more orders than they can fulfill in time they are probably having to prioritise. I don’t think you will get your money back unless you were giving a date the dress would be in by in the contract so if you orde the BHLDN dress be prepared to pay for both dresses.

Post # 6
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

My friend had a similar situation happen to her, and it turned out that the salon was not ordering the dresses at all! She had to contact the dress company directly and arrange the shipping herself, and only got her dress a week before her wedding. That salon shut down after many brides posted on Yelp about not receiving their dresses. 

If your wedding is in October you still have some time. I think you should start calling every week at this point, and if you don’t have your dress by June ask for the warehouse contact information. 

Post # 8
2053 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

I agree with 

View original reply
hikingbride, my dress from Stella York (Essence of Australia) was VERY detailed and still took under 7 months. I know that dress/bridal salons often wait to place an order for a dress until they have multiple orders for a company, not sure why, but this can cause a delay. Plus it’s wedding season and if they didn’t plan accordingly they may have submitted your dress order when “the bridal rush” happens… with your wedding not being until October, you should be perfectly fine, but I know how hard it is to wait!! 

Post # 9
998 posts
Busy bee

Yeah, I think it’s a salon issue, not an Essence one. I ordered my Stella/EOA in October 2017 andot arrived at the end of January. I’d call EOA and get the straight answer. 

Post # 10
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

I didn’t have a problem with my EOA dress either. I ordered at the end of January and it arrived at the end of April. Definitely sounds like it is the salon, and not EOA. Hope you are able to get it worked out!

Post # 11
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

My EOA dress came in 4 months and it even had a custom hem length. I agree with others that it sounds like a salon issue. Are there any recent negative reviews for the salon online? 

Post # 12
798 posts
Busy bee

I like the idea of going into the salon in person, without an appointment. They may be a bit rude and snippy, but you’re more likely to get the full story from them in person than behind a telephone.

Post # 13
709 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

I think dress places work on the wedding date rather than the order date – so you go in 12 months beforehand the day before a bride getting married in 6 months, and their dress turns up first. It’s frustrating! I had dress issues, the original came in in 3 months and the replacement took 4. I think they completely ignore when the orders come in. Do you have any pics of you in the sample? When I was stressing it was useful to look back on them and remember why the dress was worth the wait. Good luck!

Post # 14
1737 posts
Bumble bee

This screams bridal store trying to keep afloat to me. 

There are several stores in the last 10 years who have gotten caught in this pattern here. They use the funds from dresses further out to pay for dresses that are closer because they’re having cashflow issues. And it just get’s worse. 

I would try one more time with the bridal salon and then I would start googling contact info for the company to check directly with them.

Post # 15
4754 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
samlynn13 :  essence of Australia is a very reputable company. My cousin works for them here in Australia. The salon hasn’t ordered the dress and Usually this kind of behaviour from a salon means they are short on funds and are using Peter’s money to pay Paul.

I don’t want to alarm you but get your deposit back ASAP because this usually ends up with a bride going to the salon to find it’s ‘closed’  and their money and dress gone with it.  

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors