(Closed) 9 months to go – Dec 2013 Bees!!

posted 6 years ago in December 2013
Post # 4
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

This month I’ve booked: dj, pastor, STD, and I bought my dress and veil

I’m looking into: I’m also looking into FI’s gift.. I was thinking a boudoir shoot but we’ll see what happends. Practicing calligraphy so we can send out the STD’s within the next week and a half. I’ve met with cake and decor people. Waiting to get back proposals from them.

I want to have finalised (deposit paid) by next month: Cake and Flowers. Hopefully we get back some reasonable proposals and we can go ahead and make deposits.

Highlight of the month: Booking an amazing DJ and painter. The painter will stay and watch the ceremony then set up his painting station during the reception and paint an interpretation of what he’s seen (or you can tell him what you want). the painter was kind of expensive but Fiance really really wanted him there. No one knows except for the best man and Maid/Matron of Honor. I think it will be a nice surprise to parents of bride/groom and the guests. Our DJ is phenomenal!! He works with incredible (and popular) musicians. We knew he was the one when we first met him LOL.

Frustration of the month: Proposal from one of the decor/floral people. We went over ALL the things I wanted. I don’t know how many times I mentioned “budget friendly, lower scaled, budget conscious”.. She literally quoted me 15k for flowers/linens/decor. WTF! That made me upset and kind of made me feel like I wasn’t going to be able to afford what I want. When I emailed her back saying we seriously needed to look at the cost and gave her my budget she said “Ouch, we’re going to need to rethink this” nonetheless, I didn’t bother contacting her again.

Started to think of: Also, when to have bridal shower. We’re going to be moving soon and it would be nice to have that coordinated around the same time.

Can’t believe were already at single digit months!!

Post # 5
169 posts
Blushing bee

All month I’ve done nothing but hang my head and say “I’m so behind, I’m so behind, oh my goodness I’m so behind.” But we’re also coming up on finals week for the term, so that might have something to do with it. *sigh*

This month I’ve booked: venue (finally!), flowers, ceremony music. I also booked a monthly “Crafts and Carafes” session with my bridal brigade where we’ll tackle DIY projects while doing at-home wine tastings for the reception. I expect this to lead to hilarious results. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m looking into: caterers (down to two, with tastings in two weeks), hair and makeup, dresses for me and the bridesmaids, DJ

I want to have finalised (deposit paid) by next  month: By the time I go to my next dress appointment (mid-April), I want all of our vendors booked. It sounds like a lot but really that’s just caterer, beauty, cake, and DJ. I already know who I want for beauty and DJ, so really that’s just a matter of sending in the deposits.

Highlight of the month: Finding two awesome caterers who are quoting me way under our budget and who are willing to use our fresh-caught salmon in the menu. This was a really big deal for us.

Frustration of the month: Forming a really awesome relationship with a vendor, going back and forth through emails, feeling like she totally understood where I was coming from as a budget-conscious bride who wants to give her guests the best– only to get a quote that $5K over the budget I told her we could afford.

Started to think of: Decor details and DIY projects. I’ve got a running list but I really need to refine it. This is why I really want all of our vendors booked, so I can concentrate on the little details. I also need to think of ways I can get my long-distance bridesmaids involved. I’m thinking of sending them the ribbon wand supplies, and they can mail them back to me when done.

I’m so behind, I’m so behind, I’m so behind. ๐Ÿ˜›

Post # 7
409 posts
Helper bee

Hello! I’m december 28th bride! 

Ive pretty much done everything now! The only thing we’ve got to do now is sort out the suits! We’ve been engaged for 20 months now so I went all crazy and booked everything really quickly!!

I did book the limewash chiavari chairs for the ceremony and the wedding breakfast, and the DJ this month – pretty much the last thing on my list.  

$15k for FLOWERS?!?! WTF!!!! 

Post # 9
409 posts
Helper bee

@Laurengrapes:  Haha thanks! I’m wedding obsessed! ๐Ÿ™‚ We’re not 100% with what we’re doing for our honeymoon yet, but it’ll definitely be somewhere hot and sunny! H2B would like to go to the Seychelles, Mauritius or Mexico! But we’re renting a log cabin in the woods with our own private hot tub a week after the wedding for our Mini-moon! 

Post # 10
409 posts
Helper bee

@Nic01:  For some reason I replied to myself! Haha

Post # 13
520 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - Italiano's Humble

This month I’ve booked: not a damn thing! LOL! I HAVE, however, chosen with and somewhat booked vendors(DJ, photog).

I’m looking into: Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts, FH’s gift, helping him research his Groomsmen gifts and all of their attire. How to decorate place settings, all kinds of stuff.

I want to have finalised (deposit paid) by next  month: Venue, photog & DJ. Doing DIY flowers, so no need for deposit. Thankfully, our venue rarely gets rented at ALL during the winter, and even more rarely on the holidays out there.

Highlight of the month: Finding the perfect invites. I know right? But, they’re exactly what we wanted. perfect colors, has the masquerade theme, everything. And within budget! Also, completing my Moh’s seashell bouquet! AWEsome!!!

Frustration of the month: caterers. Budget caterers seem to be THE SLOWEST at answering the phone, OR, they like to say “Let me gather a quote and call you back in 2-3 days”…which turns into, well 2 weeks for one, and a week for the other!!! RAWWWWWRRR!!!

Started to think of: bach parties. We’re doing it joint in the morning with an obstacle course, and the evening together at the bar(unless the guys change it, but us girls know what we’re doing, LOL!). Also, I don’t have allot of local people, so even though a shower would be nice, it’s just not gonna happen. Also, completely Not Wedding Related for me, but we’re budgeting out the trip for my BFF/Moh’s reception in IL. She’s tying the knot on 4/4 in the Keys!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 14
899 posts
Busy bee

9 months! Holy moly! Everyone says it flies by and that’s the truth!

The past month I’ve booked a cake baker! I’m so excited about her. We both connected in our crazy artist worlds.

This is the inspiration for our cake, we won’t be doing a gold letter, and I’m leaving the different patterns up to her.

Also for some added drama I switched photographers. I won $500 off a photography package at a bridal show and couldn’t resist. Disclaimer: everyone (everyone on the hive) tried to tell me it was a scam and it wasn’t… all the vendors had to give the producers of the bridal show a prize for give aways and that’s what I won. It wasn’t directly from the photographer. Everything included I only owe $1300! With the other photographer I was at about $2200! That photographer wrote me the nastiest email but that’s all been resolved and I’m saving money!

My Fiance and I picked out gifts for the groomsmen. Dillard’s was having their 40% off clearance sale and we bought leather gloves and scarves for the men! The gloves were originally $75 and we paid $15 and the scarves were $30 and we paid $5. Roughly, $20 per person! Who doesn’t love a great deal!

I’ve officially decided that my girls will be carrying clutches instead of bouquets. I’m carrying a brooch bouquet and I thought the clutch would compliment them nicely.

I’ve started a wedding website through TheKnot.com. I wasn’t going to but I ended up on someone else’s and it was so stinkin cute I couldn’t resist! I had to get the outsiders perspective haha.

I bought inivitations on ebay. They were a discontinued box set that came from Target. I’m averaging about .90 cents per invite. I suggest them to everyone I think they’re great quality for the price, even not on sale!

Next on my list is engagement pictures and save the dates! I’ve been putting those off. Then I’ll be looking into rehearsal dinner, transportation and hotel options.

It’s getting real!

The topic ‘9 months to go – Dec 2013 Bees!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors