(Closed) 9 months? Wishful thinking or am I just crazy?

posted 7 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

It’s absolutely possible. I have multiple friends who have planned formal weddings for 100+ in less than 6 months. 

The first thing you have to do is find a venue. If you’re open to dates, as long as they fall within certain months, then that will probably be easier for you. After you have the date and venue set, move onto the other big stuff (photog, DJ/band, start looking for your dress, etc…). You’ll really have plenty of time. 

ETA: The part about you and your FI’s mom planning the wedding made me tear up!

Post # 4
925 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

My wedding is next month and I will have planned ours in 9 months. It is totally doable! Just get your dress and Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses early, they take a while. Also, nail down your venues and photographer first, they go fast. I’m glad I didn’t take much longer than 9 months because it would have given me more time to buy things I didn’t need!!!

I think it is so great that you got to plan with his mom. I’m sorry she can’t be there for your big day but it is so special that you got to share those moments with her.

Post # 5
7311 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

It’s possible. one friend got engaged in late November and had a huge formal wedding in June. Another planned her small wedding in 3 months this past spring because she was tired of waiting for the “perfect” conditions for a wedding. She just wanted them to be married already.  9 months is is definitely within reason.

Post # 6
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

Totally doable! 

Just secure that you have a place to be married and celebrate and the officiant. To get invitations out you need the date place and times 😛

Sounds like your not booking a pre-existing venue,which gets tricky with availability and pricing- so you should be good to just start planning.

Post # 8
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

We planned our wedding in 10 months but we also had multiple months of down-time in the middle so, IMO, 9 months is totally doable!

Post # 9
894 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Definitely possible – find a venue with an open date first and work from there.

Post # 10
2584 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Very possible. Check your venues before you pick a date though, not the other way around, and base the date off the venues you want. Some friends of mine are planning a huge wedding, which will be in a few weeks from now, in under 5 months. Sounds like everything’s going smoothly for them so far!

The topic ‘9 months? Wishful thinking or am I just crazy?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors