(Closed) 9 months…seriously?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

it should not take that long to make 1 dress. I can never figure out why some people get dresses in 4 months when others wait almost a year. I think the salons sit on the money to make oeverhead. But that is my conspiracy theory. lol

Post # 4
1020 posts
Bumble bee

9 months seems really long. i’m sorry you have been waiting for so long! when did you order it? i heard that sometimes they put in production dresses according to the wedding dates. so even if you order way beforehand, brides with sooner wedding dates might receive theirs sooner than yours.

Post # 6
Hostess
16213 posts
Honey Beekeeper

So frustrating! Sorry this is happening.

Post # 7
2186 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

i had an issue with this – not as severe as yours but my salon definately quoted me an earlier date, then when i called and came in on that date, they told me that no i had it wrong the date was a month LATER…. um dude it was in the computer! you said april NOT may. i have it in writing and in my bberry. and this was said more than once.

i think there are issues that we arent informed of and they push back dates all the time.

annoying! but i finally got my dress and it looks great so i guess i am happy 🙂

Post # 9
1426 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I’m glad it arrived!  I had the same exact problem (I made a thread about it a while back).  I ordered in July, was told it would arrive in January, and it arrived in early May.  I was so worried, because I thought I had done everything right.  The store I used had a great reputation and I never heard a bad word about them.  But they didn’t know why it was taking so long either. 

What the shop eventually found out was that some designers will intentionally wait to make the dress if they know the wedding date is far off.  So since I was ordering mine a year in advance, even though the store put in the order right away, the designer didn’t start making the dress until the spring. I guess this has some sort of financial benefit to the designers, though I don’t know what.  That’s probably what happened to you too.

Post # 10
1120 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

Glad it’s arrived!

I had to wait 7 months for my dress to come in, so I know how you’re feeling. It was frustrating waiting so long!

Post # 11
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Oh thank goodness it is finally there! But really, there is no reason why you should have had to wait that long. But I am sure it was most definitely worth the wait!

The topic ‘9 months…seriously?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors