(Closed) 9 MTHS LEFT LADIES!!!

posted 7 years ago in March 2012
Post # 3
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

Lol. Yep, mine is 9 months from Friday exactly! Kind of freaky but I’m super excited! Glad to see someone post in this board though, seriously. I still feel like it’s so far away!!

I’m working on dotting all the i’s and crossing the t’s on our catering and photography – we already have them lined up, just have to get it under contract.

Scouring the stores for the RIGHT size vases that I want (proving harder than I thought).

Getting my BMs up here for their dress purchases. We’ve gone once but have to finalize.

Hm. Invitations. Trying to figure out flowers. Stuff like that. ๐Ÿ™‚ I have a whole notebook…I’m sort of “over-planner barbie.” LOL

Post # 5
1351 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsStrawberry24:I made the mistake of taking the pickest bm! I thought taking her made sense as she’s the hardest to shop for. Well, I saw a dress in the store that just made my jaw drop and go “this is the one.” She proceeded to give me all the reasons it won’t look good on any of the girls. Mind you all the girls are a size 8 or smaller 34c or smaller. And it’s an empire waist- which looks good on everyone b/c it’s not fitted at the waist or anything. Here’s a pic, and I want it in this exact shade. Ivory Top, Watermelon bottom- it’s so pink! My dress is satin so I wanted satin dresses. Colors of wedding are light pink/dark pink touch of lime green (maybe). And I have 8 girls who all had different ideas of shades of pink they wanted. Sigh!

Now, we’re taking engagement photos soon and I hope to get save the dates out this month (June). I just cannot find any I like Frown

Also, fiance just pointed out we’ll be exactly 9 months out on my birthday! June 10!!

Post # 7
1062 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@MrsStrawberry24: Hey I was wondering where did you order your magnet STD’s? I love them!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
1351 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsStrawberry24:LOVE LOVE those! And, our wedding is less than a year from when we got engaged (as in not having a yr engagement as law school schedule is funky), and most books I’ve read say 6-9months for save the date, 8-12 weeks for invites. All our family and friends already know the date- it’s more for me to have some pretty stationary going out lol. I really want a picture save the date and it’s been hard finding a template that I like! 

Post # 11
1351 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsStrawberry24:lol my mom said she’s at the point of just ordering something and that I’m way too picky. I’m just waiting for something to “speak to me” like my dress did after previously trying on 36 other dresses!

Oh yeah- thank you for the bm dress compliment!! I LOVE them and 7 out of 8 girls do too so we win!

Post # 14
1351 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsStrawberry24:fuchsia, light pink touch of lime green and silver! I heart all things pink. I’ve posted pics of our venue here when I was trying to decide between dresses! How about you?

Post # 15
1351 posts
Bumble bee

@MrsStrawberry24:Ordered my save the dates today! Decided not to get a photo save the date. I’m going to find something else to do with our engagement photos. Maybe make a guestbook out of them for people to sign?

Post # 16
342 posts
Helper bee

March 3rd here – I put my dress on lay-a-way today…. OMG I made a commitment to the dress.  That was harder than committing to my FH!  I am making my own save the dates and as soon as we put the deposit down ( mid June) we’ll print them.  Anyone else not book their venue yet? 

I’m not stressing too much -our venue does the centerpieces, we have a group of guy friends that are dj’ing for us, and I picked out the dresses (mine and the bridesmaids) today.  I’m more stressing over the invites and I think I’ll end up just picking something up at Wal-Mart or Hobby Lobby at the last minute.  I’m DIY’ing a lot of my things. 

Here’s a few of the options for my STD’s…

The topic ‘9 MTHS LEFT LADIES!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors