(Closed) 9 weeks before my wedding and Bridesmaids wont wear dresses!!!!!!

posted 8 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 32
927 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
@amandabones:  that dress is pretty! gah those girls are being horrible i could not imagine someone having the BIG HAIRY MAN BALLS to tell a bride 9 friggen weeks before her wedding that they are not going to wear the dresses especially if you paid for them all. i would punch somebody. maybe im just being irritable today bt i would tell then to eather wear the dress and STFU or wear what they want and sit in the audience if they even can be bothered to come.

Post # 34
720 posts
Busy bee

I’ll be honest, it’s not my favorite dress, but I would be THRILLED if you paid for my dress and wouldn’t care what it was.  I like the “if I pay I get a say” rule for bridesmaids (though the bride gets final veto power), but if you’re paying, tell them to dress up and shut up.    

Post # 35
747 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Oh my goodness! I adore that dress! The great thing about it too is that it actually looks like it could be worn again. I didn’t understand the complaint before but now I’m even more confused. I’m sorry you have to deal with this. I hope maybe you can talk some sense into them.

Post # 36
2999 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
@amandabones:  I LOOOVE that dress! Smack em

Post # 37
927 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
@amandabones:  those girls are nuts. and i mean if you are letting them customize it i dont see what they have their panties in a bunch over. buch of little drama lammas if you ask me

Post # 38
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

gahhh tell them to suck it up.  It’s only for a day!  lol

Post # 39
745 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

They shouldn’t be in it for the “loot”. They just sound difficult. The dress is lovely, and they don’t even have to pay for it. Do they have any specific complaints on the dress? It’not like it’s too short or too revealing, which might be an understandable complaint. You’re also letting them customise if they want, which means someone can wear a cardig if they’re uncomfortable with arms, etc (though what Bridesmaid or Best Man dress doesn’t show arms these days).

Tell them “these are the dresses, I’ve paid for them. If you don’t want to wear it, then you can choose your own dress as a guest.” (Basically, what everyone else said 🙂

Post # 40
1561 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

uh, that dress is very cute.  If you paid for them, what these BM’s WANT does not matter. ugh.  What the heck?

Post # 41
989 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I was expecting something truly hideous given the fuss they’re making.  The dress is fine!  The style would look terrible on me I’ll admit, but I can wear anything for a good friend for one day. 

I would definitely let them step down if they’re going to be that ridiculous about the dress.  Sheesh!

Post # 42
4192 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

That dress is really cute! Perfect for a beach-themed wedding!

I’m sorry, but after reading the comment about the jewelry, those bi-atches do not deserve the honor in being in your wedding. Can I be a bridesmaid instead? 😉

Post # 43
23589 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

It’s a great dress! And let’s face it, it’s your day, not theirs! These girls are nuts.

Post # 44
2738 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@amandabones:  It’s a nice looking dress. Suitable for a beach wedding. However, I do think you should have shown them the dress BEFORE you bought it for them. Not that I think you would have changed your mind, but that you would have had to iron this out at least a while back and not 9 weeks before the wedding. You should tell them that if they don’t like the dress, they can take a seat in the audience. Too bad though, it’s only 9 weeks away. Kinda crummy of them. 

The topic ‘9 weeks before my wedding and Bridesmaids wont wear dresses!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors