9 Years together/Waiting for 6

posted 4 months ago in Waiting
  • poll: What do you think the gift will be?
    It's dfinitely a ring! : (9 votes)
    18 %
    It could be anything. : (36 votes)
    72 %
    I'm not sure. : (5 votes)
    10 %
  • Post # 2
    5182 posts
    Bee Keeper

busyqbee :  

I would never, not ever,  “go through”  anything similar because I believe that he and are are equal    partners in the  joint enterprise of our lives together , so the idea of passively waiting like patience on a monument for bloody years for him to make it happen………no. Just no.

We decided ,we did it.

Post # 4
    542 posts
    Busy bee

It does sound like a proposal is coming soon – guys really arn’t very subtle. But that doesn’t mean it’s your birthday present. As hard as it is, try not to get your hopes up and potentially ruin a lovely gift by being disappointed.

The present really could be anything! I have been waiting 3 weeks for a wiggle skirt for my nieces 2nd birthday LOL

Maybe  he is getting you a yellow wiggle tulle skirt? 😉

Post # 5
    1295 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2018

It’s something personalised at the very least. I hope it is what you’re expecting. On the chance that it’s not – are you going to have conversation?

Post # 6
    977 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2018

I would be weary of getting your heart set on a proposal if i’m honest.  He had more than enough notice to have a ring for your birthday so I really wouldn’t count on this being it. 

Have you had a conversation about engagement? From your post it sounds like this is a total guess based on the fact that it’s late, but that doesn’t necessarily point to a ring. 

Post # 7
    1186 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2017

You can just never know and I would hate for you to be disappointed if it isn’t! As PP mentioned, I think it would be good to have an open conversation with him about this if it turns out it isn’t a ring.

Post # 11
    580 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2018

I really think it could be anything. It sounds like you’re being realistic though so hopefully it’s a ring. I would be so curious either way. Fingers crossed it’s a ring though.

Post # 12
    190 posts
    Blushing bee

I think he really needs to get on with it, one way or another. I totally feel your waiting “pain” and the anxiety. I have been with my guy going on 5 years and I had to set a deadline. Your bf talking about it is a good sign, I’ve noticed mine doing that more and more which makes me hopeful for both of us… Please keep us updated.

Post # 13
    4878 posts
    Honey bee

busyqbee :  If he’s hinting at ‘something up his sleeve’ after you mentioned expecting a proposal, he’s either planning to propose or he’s being unacceptably misleading. He’s been talking marriage and acting suspiciously excited, so hopefully your next update will be a happy one. 

If it’s not….well yes, this is a waiting board, but that doesn’t mean every Bee posting here has a happy ending with waiting, in fact in some cases the lack of a proposal sounds more like dodging a bullet. I wouldn’t say this about your case in particular, but at nine years together, I wouldn’t call insisting on some straight talk ‘nagging’ either. 

Could very well be an exciting update you’ll have for us though Bee- surely a guy wouldn’t say he has ‘something up his sleeve’ after you’ve mentioned a proposal, I don’t believe guys are that clueless that he wouldn’t realize how misleading and hurtful this would be unless he is in fact planning to propose. 

Post # 15
    2478 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: January 2015

I don’t really see anything pointing to a proposal here… more like he’s crap at gifts.

Maybe have an adult conversation?

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
    I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors