90 Day Fiance – (anyone a REAL 90 day fiance?)

posted 2 years ago in Long Distance Relationships
Post # 2
1791 posts
Buzzing bee

I met a guy at the dog park who had just divorced his 90day fiance. He said she was from the Philippines and completely changed once she got to America. She was addicted to her smartphone and spending his money. He said he’ll never marry again, that’s why he got the dog lol

Post # 3
246 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Just commenting to say that 90 Day Fiance on TLC is my guilty pleasure. I love that show! Haha

Post # 4
2754 posts
Sugar bee

I am!!! We haven’t started the K-1 process yet, but hopefully will have things rolling by the end of the year!

Post # 5
102 posts
Blushing bee

I was! Like you, I’m Canadian and my husband is American. We met because my best friend has a cottage on the Canadian side and her and my husband went to high school together. To drive from my hometown in Canada to Syracuse (where we currently live) it takes about 3.5hrs to drive. 

We applied for the K-1 in September 2015 and I moved to the US in February 2016! It was stressful, and complicated paperwork, but it was soooo worth it! I will be applying for my 10 year green card in March! 

Congratulations on your engagement! 

My best piece of advice – DO NOT TRY AND PLAN A WEDDING TO MATCH UP WITH YOUR MOVE DATE!!! Seriously, people get screwed over by doing that. Seriously listen to me when I say that! Your immigration paperwork can be held up at ANY point and it could take months or years to get it moving again. I was just extremely lucky. Once you move, do a legally ceremony, submit the AOS paperwork and THEN plan a big wedding! 🙂 

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to reach out! 

Post # 6
1663 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

nicoleandaerion2019 :  just a thought, depending on your education and career you might be eligible for the TN non-immigrant work visa (up to 3 years). I have had two previous TN visas and they were great, no SI benefits but I didn’t really need it since I was employed. If your career fits one of those eligible it might be something to consider?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors