(Closed) 90 days to get in shape…HELP!

posted 8 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
2201 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

We’re cheering you on! Just make sure you don’t lose too much and need to get your dress altered at the last minute!

Post # 4
1813 posts
Buzzing bee

What are you doing right now?  Here’s what helped me.

drink only water

cut back on salt & dairy

calorie counting on sparkpeople (just until I learned portion control)

adding in some aerobics tape to my routine    30 day shred, a wedding video, a pilates video…make sure to work out at least 3x/week but no more than 5-6

If you feel like you’ve plateaued, get a workout buddy to help pace you.

Post # 5
1982 posts
Buzzing bee

Yeah, get on a good workout routine (highly recommend the shred) and calorie count! Also, take vitamins, drink lots of water and cut out soda. You’ll feel better after just a week and that will make you want to eat healthy and keep losing the pounds!

Post # 6
2000 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

I’m right there with you girl!!! Except I have only 50 days to get into shape!!! I’m doing sit-ups every night & running on the treadmill, too. Just work as hard as you can!!! The more you work out, the more you’ll find out that it makes you feel SOOO much better!

Post # 7
Hostess
18643 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I agree with cannotwait.  Counting calories is the best way to lose weight safely and in a healthy way.  Also, doing cardio burns off fat and boost your metabolism.

Post # 8
972 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

You have to have fiber and protein in your diet, especially if you are working out. Fiber is filling and wont make you hungry and protein will give you energy to work out.   I went on a tuna diet, (lost a few lbs in a month) I make tuna sandwiches in whole grain bread and a few days a week I treat myself and add some sweet relish to the tuna. Its good and fills me up for the whole day until dinner and thats when I have a small portion of whatever I cook for the family.   I’ve been doing yoga and pilates at home on my new Nintendo WII, its fun and doesnt seem forced to exercise. And yes drink lots of water.

Post # 10
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2010

Looks like theres a few of us that left the getting in shape to the last minute, I have 56 days, and started yesterday.

I’m doing a 20 day detox, they are AWESOME.  It consists of a lot of fiber to clean you out, not in a gross way, in a healthy way (not a laxative).  Then you have shakes that you drink in the morning with lots of water during the day, and a lite diner for the evenings.  My friends and I have done them in the past.  It’s a great way to start being healthy and dropping weight.

Then 30 minutes running, walking or on an elliptical 4-5x a week, with sit-ups afterwards.

I have the Wii Fit, it’s ok, but it’s definitely not intense enough to get you into good shape.  Workout videos are better. 

Post # 11
655 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

I definitely agree about uping the cardio to burn fat but you should definitely add some weights into your routine… that is what will keep your metabolism burning throughout the day. Get some 5 or 8 lb weights and work those arms and legs! 🙂

30 Day Shred is AWESOME! It can be intense if you’re just starting out but stick with it- it works you hard for 30 minutes. I also love Turbo Jam (same ppl who do P90x)- it’s fun and a great workout! If you have comcast ondemand in the fitness section there are a bunch of FREE workouts!

I definitely do NOT recommend the Wii Fit… I didn’t feel like it was much of a workout but that’s just me.

GOOD LUCK! STICK WITH IT!

Post # 12
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

Another vote for 30 Day Shred. But definitely pair it with better diet, because otherwise I think you’d just build up muscle behind pudge if you have any, and you risk going up a size temporarily. 

When I’m at a weight loss plateau (i.e., I’ve made the major diet changes that I’m going to, and am in a consistently healthy and doable food routine) I like to experiment with new recipes and get out of a food rut. I think when you’re cooking for yourself, it’s a lot easier to limit portions because you know exactly what’s in there!

Post # 13
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I am actually doing the p90x and, though it seems like a death trap (lol), I can say that I am impressed with how easy it has gotten.  I, like yourself, do not have an hour everyday to do these workouts (unless I make myself get up earlier than usual) but I do my best (about 30-45 minutes) and forget the rest!  I feel like an infomercial but it really is working.  In three weeks I have lost one pant size and stuff is moving inwards.  HOWEVER, my weight has not changed (weird, I know).  If you are more focused on making those numbers change, I think counting calories and working out @ least 3x a week would work for you.  BUT if you are more concerned with seeing a physical transformation (quickly) try the p90x!  IT ROX!  YOU ROCK actually!  You’ve lost 115lbs for crying out loud!  You are my new hero!

Post # 14
2398 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Cut back on cheese, white carbs and dairy.  Lots of fish and chicken with veggies.  Spinning is mind-bendingly unfun the first few sessions, but hugely effective and addictive.

Post # 15
655 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

OH!! and the BEST cardio you can do is interval training so you keep your heart rate up– here’s a same routine if you have a treadmil:

2 minute warm up on 4 mph

2 minutes at 6 mph

1 minute recovery on 4 mph

2 minutes at 6 mph

1 minute recovery on 4 mph

repeat this for at least 20 minutes and have a 5 minute cool down. You can burn the most amount of calories in a shorter period of time. Running at the same speed for 20-30 minutes won’t produce the same kind of results!

If you don’t have a treadmil and can run outside, just go as hard as you can for those 2 minutes.

GO GIRL!!!! AND CONGRATS on that AMAZING weight loss!!!!

Post # 16
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

PS: Don’t forget chicken is not the only lean protein! Soy, tofu, and seitan are great alternatives and absorb the taste of whatever you cook them in, so you can use them in many different recipes. 

The topic ‘90 days to get in shape…HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors