(Closed) $90 delivery fee when I am 10 minutes away?

posted 5 years ago in Flowers
Post # 3
3121 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@jessyrez:  Yeah…I’d keep looking.  I didn’t have a delivery fee…..

Post # 4
1475 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I would keep looking – I don’t even have a delivery fee.

Post # 5
8424 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

Seems kinda weird to me as well. Should be included in the overall price of your flowers. 

Post # 6
Hostess
8579 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

Seems very high.

Post # 7
2968 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

definitely keep looking or see about having someone pick up the flowers instead. my florist was 15 mins away from me and didn’t charge me a delivery fee.

Post # 8
951 posts
Busy bee

The only reason I see for the florist charging this fee is that she works alone or there is only one person at a time in the shop, meaning she has to hire a delivery company to do the delivery.

This is the case with a florist in a small town near me, she’s the only one in there so she has to call someone in for deliveries and pay their rate because she can’t leave the shop unattended.

Post # 9
322 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

The original florist we looked at (wedding’s in NJ) had a $100 delivery fee, despite being about 15 minutes away, but we found a number of other florists without one. So ridiculous! We definitely went with another!

Post # 11
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Does the delivery fee include setup? If there is no separate setup fee then this would make sense, because it does take time to setup and arrange all of the centerpieces/arrangements at your venue.

Post # 12
951 posts
Busy bee

@jessyrez:  Yep, I think it’s a good idea to check around and see if you can save! Look at the overall cost not the delivery cost as some bigger shops may factor that in to their quote and say ‘free delivery’.

Post # 13
8695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m in NJ and not one florist I looked at had a delivery fee. I would not pay it less yet a $90 one

Post # 14
97 posts
Worker bee

If I choose to have my florist deliver them it’ll cost me $125.00 but our venue is well over an hour away from her business so thats expected. $90.00 for 10 minutes is just ridiculous. It’s a rip off. Maybe try negotiating? Or what about having a family member pick up the flowers and distribute/pin them? That’s what we’re considering to avoid the added fee. If we choose this option the florist will acutally label the corsages, bouts, etc. to make it easier.

Post # 15
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

My florist wanted to charge me a delivery fee, but that included delivery and setup. I think it was aout $90 and we were 20 min away. What I did instead was have a groomsman pick up the flowers and my bridesmaids distributed them. We needed to save as much money as we could. 

Post # 16
1269 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I read your title and laughed out loud before I even read one word of the thread. Awesome….

And yeah, I’m scratching my head about that. $90 is a lot, and depending on the total cost of your order, shipping ought to be dress. Does this price include setup or something?

The topic ‘$90 delivery fee when I am 10 minutes away?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors