(Closed) $90 delivery fee when I am 10 minutes away?

posted 9 years ago in Flowers
Post # 17
2014 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Regardless of how many minutes you are away she is saving you the hassle of picking things up. Make up artist charge $100 + to come to you. If she is doing centrepieces or set up so couldn’t imagine trying to transport that in my car ? 

Post # 19
7225 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

My florist is delivering for a 12 dollar delivery fee. She’s delivering roughly 20 minutes away from her shop.

Edit: Since your order seems small, have someone go pick them up?

Post # 20
909 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Both our florist and baker charged us delivery fees. Our competing quotes also had delivery fees, so it is usual for our area. 

Our florist’s fee was $50 and was included in our initial quote. Our wedding was about 25 mins. away, though it would have been $50 even if it was closer. I think this covers the cost of time and gas for travel, plus set up, parking, whatever they may need. Both the baker and florist said it is not customary to tip on top of this, so this also served as our gratuity.

$90 does seem steep for 10 mins. away, but do you have a lot of flowers being delivered that will require the use of a truck for delivery? Maybe a lot of heavy glassware and large, delicate arrangements?

ETA: Just saw your last post. Since your order is small and the fee doesn’t involve set-up, that is definitely very steep.

Post # 21
Bee
1156 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012 - Oak Tree Manor

@jessyrez:  Whoa, if that doesn’t include set-up, that’s a lot. But if you love the florist, see if someone can drive by and pick them up for you – it shouldn’t be a big deal! Since it’s just 3 bouquets, they can just put the 3 vases in the back seat of a car.

Post # 22
2567 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

For comparison sake, my florist has a 15% service fee, which includes labor, delivery, setup, etc.

Post # 23
265 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

That seems a bit high. There should maybe just a little for delivery However, Like you said only 10mins away. Yep keep looking. Or if you really like therir work then see if you can get them to include it in the price.

The topic ‘$90 delivery fee when I am 10 minutes away?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors