(Closed) $900 for a luxury hotel pre/post wedding day…is it worth it?

posted 7 years ago in Money
Post # 3
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

If you have the money for it, then do it!! I think it would be beautiful, but not worth it if you have to chop off your right arm in order to get the room, ya know?

Post # 4
5786 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2011

Would you and your Fiance be the ONLY people sleeping there? Because $900 is really pricey. Could you ask their permission to take photos there without renting out the property?

Post # 6
2450 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

personally, i think $900 for a one night’s stay is batsh!t crazy unless you are rich like a freaking kardashian or something.

Post # 9
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper

It looks like a 2 night stay, and honestly, if you can get amazing pics that you couldn’t get elsewhere, then it could be worth the investment…

Let me stop, because I am rationalizing it for you!!

Post # 11
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Holy crap!! DO IT! Especially since you got a good deal on a photog. Since it rained on our wedding day, I really wish I would have put some thought into finding an indoor place to get amazing pics. Our hotel lobby was nice, but definitely not what I wanted

Post # 13
5984 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1999

At first, my response was going to be a big FAT NO!  But, once I saw the pics and noticed that you have $ in your budget, I say YES!!!  The photos you’ll be able to take would be absolutely spectacular and I’m sure you’ll feel like a genuine princess!!

Some questions to ponder: 1. Will you regret spending the $900 down the road when you’re seeking a home or want to take a trip in the near future?  2. Do you think you’d appreciate the photos indoors as much (in case it were raining)? 

Post # 15
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Where will the bridesmaids and grooms men be?

Personally I would rather put that money into doing mroe fun stuff during the honeymoon, we stayed in a very nice hotel the night before the wedding but I barely got to enjoy any of the amenities due to last minute wedding stuff and then wanting to get an early night too

The topic ‘$900 for a luxury hotel pre/post wedding day…is it worth it?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors