(Closed) 91 guests…have only enough room for 90 :( HELP!!!!

posted 8 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
5786 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2011

If you and your Fiance are included in the 91 you could try adding a sweetheart table and having one table with 9 people. Of course you would have 12 days to figure out how to decorate the sweetheart table.

Post # 5
1765 posts
Buzzing bee

Sounds like a great plan!!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Look into renting a smaller table or bringing one yourself. We rented one for like $8 per day.  We went ahead and rented it Friday – Monday just so we don’t have to stress about picking it up and returning it through the wedding. 

If you have to even go look at target or something for a folding card table.  I have seen these put on an angle (like a diamond) and the B&G each sat on one side.  It looked really cute because they weren’t next to each other or across from each other. You should be able to pick up one of these for like $30 at Target or Walmart.  When its covered with a table cloth no one will notice. 

This one is $54 from Target.  You should be able to click the picture to get to the site.

Post # 7
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Strange that they don’t have a table that can’t double as a sweetheart table.  But you might be able to borrow one from someone.  All you’d really need is an extra table cloth and a centerpiece.  I’d get a vase and put my bouquet in it, instead of asking the florist for an addition centerpiece.  Decorating it isn’t a biggie, because you don’t spend much time there, most of your photo’s will be taking place away from the table. 

Or else, if you’d rather keep things as they are.  Why can’t you just add that person to a table?  Its probably annoying to have to change things up a bit, especially last minute, but they should be able to squeeze in at a table. 

Post # 8
1580 posts
Bumble bee

Are there any children? You could try to squeeze and extra person at a table with a kid.

But I like the idea of bringing your own sweetheart table.

Another option would be to add another large table of 10 if it can fit in the venue and a couple tables will only have 9 people.

Post # 9
118 posts
Blushing bee

Definitely rent a small sweetheart table – I’m sure you could rent it for very cheap! You will have to worry about decorating that extra tablefor you and your Fiance.

Post # 10
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Another option? Is it possible to get one slightly larger table and include 11 people at that table? That’s what we did ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Decorating a sweet heart table should be really easy.  Get a simple vase to put your bouquet in and make sure there is a table cloth available for the size table. 

Post # 12
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

I vote for the sweetheart table.  I would just bring one in. And no need to worry with table decor because they are so small. You could have your toasting glasses there and some votive candles. Plus you could lay your bouqet on the table and that would take care of the decorations for ya!

Post # 13
814 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

yeah, you could rent the stuff for a sweetheart table pretty easily, i would say that’s the way to go!

Post # 14
5763 posts
Bee Keeper

I really wouldn’t worry about it. There’s always someone who has a last minute crisis and can’t come. Plan to add the odd one to another table,but I’m guessing you’ll be fine. We had 2 tables of 9 and it was fine.

Post # 15
1518 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Or if there are kids you could make a children’s table… decorate it for the kids too. I have seen some really cute ones done in the Martha Stewart wedding magazines. 

Post # 16
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Definitely nothing to stress too much over! You’re only one person over, just squeeze them in with a table, and you’ll be fine. Your venue won’t get their panties in a twist over one extra person over their max. My venue actually told me that while 90 was their maximum, they could technically squeeze in 100 if necessary.

The topic ‘91 guests…have only enough room for 90 :( HELP!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors