(Closed) 9.10.11 and just bought the dress!

posted 8 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I bought my dress in August.  When you know, you know!  Plus, my dress won’t even be in until February!  So it really isn’t that early.

Post # 4
369 posts
Helper bee

Yay!  I’m also a 9.10.11 bride!  I purchased my dress back in March and it came in at the end of September.  

Time is going to fly by and it will be September before we know it!

Post # 5
16 posts
Newbee

I am also 9-10-11 and I ordered my dress a couple of weeks ago even though people told me I could wait until January to make a decision. I knew the dress was what I was going to wear down the aisle the moment I tried it on so I didn’t see the point in waiting any longer than I already did to buy it 🙂 So long as you know it’s The Dress, then who cares how early you get it? Cheers!

Post # 6
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

It isn’t too early!  There are so many other things you have to get done, its best to have the dress part done.
I went searching in August for my dress.  I waited a month and went back and purchased on Sept. 25th.  I’m having the neckline changed so who knows when it will be in.  Now I can focus on other details for the wedding.

Post # 7
541 posts
Busy bee

I bought mine back in June and it won’t be in until January. I knew I liked it, and if I didn’t  just buy it then I would have kept looking and just confused myself. Definitely not too early!

Post # 8
630 posts
Busy bee

i just bought mine too!!

Post # 9
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

When is everyone ordering invitations??

I’m planning on mailing my invitations on July 15th.  I would like to have them at least a month before. 

Post # 10
369 posts
Helper bee

We are going to order our invites in January or February.  We are doing a lot of DIY components for the invites, and I am taking the bar in July, so we want to get all of this done way ahead of time.

Post # 13
369 posts
Helper bee

We sent ours out on September 10, 2010, but we are getting married in Vermont and 100% of our guests are coming from California, so we wanted to give everyone LOTS of time to save and plan.  I think January is a good time. 

Post # 14
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I got my dress too! Two weeks into the engagment actually ;). I feel relived I have that out of the way. STD will probably be Jan. too. After the holiday rush!

Post # 15
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Whoops, I didn’t realize this thread is for Sept. 10. Oh well, close enough!

Post # 16
100 posts
Blushing bee

Hi 9.10.11ers! I just got my dress too! And planning to send Save-The-Date Cards around the end of Jan.

The topic ‘9.10.11 and just bought the dress!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors