(Closed) 9.10.11 No venue yet and going crazy…. HELP!

posted 8 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
5106 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

That’s going to be a CRAZY weekend because of the date. Are you absolutely sure you wouldn’t want to push it back a little?

Or how about 11-11-11?

Post # 4
5494 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2011

Yeah I’m not surprised.  THat was original date.  We had a venue but when we started looking for other vendors, so many of them were booked.  Oh and this was a year out!  last september.  We ended up moving our date up a few weeks.

Post # 5
2385 posts
Buzzing bee

I assume your family or close friend have a large house with a yard you could use, do they?

Post # 7
609 posts
Busy bee

What area are you thinking about getting married in?

Post # 9
609 posts
Busy bee

I looked a few places in Middle TN, what’s your budget look like? I could suggest a few if its with in that budget.

Post # 11
10366 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

I bet every single venue booked that date at least 5-6 months ago. I know my wedding photographer was booked for that date 16 months out.

I would just pick another weekend. It really isn’t that big of a deal if the date has a cool seqience in the grand scheme of things.

Post # 12
5106 posts
Bee Keeper

@crayfish: I agree.

I purposely skipped over it because I KNEW it would be insane… I don’t think hardly anyone has my date, and it’s so refreshing to know that I didn’t have to be in a rush to book anything and I actually had time to decide (and breathe!)

Post # 13
35 posts
Newbee

Honestly, the date is not important….. It’s that you are getting married that should matter most. A play on numbers is kinda neat, but kinda silly and cliche… Admittingly though, I have the same date. 

No, I’m not being a hypocrite – but my Fiance and I are in the situation that we have to get a date when he is available on breaks from his Graduate school πŸ™ He has boards over summer and September is his only other break worth nice weather. I would not jinx us with 9/11 and 9/9 will not work for traveling family.

With all of that said!!! I had some trouble finding things even a year out! I would SUggest though to look into less-experienced vendors who may not be looking for bookings and may actually be available!

We ended up booking a university for our venue. Try checking out the surrounding schools because we also got the caterer with everything included along with it! Photographer will be a friend of a friend who does professional photography but as a side income. It is not their main source of income. The DJ is a student who plays at local clubs and gets fabulous reviews from people who have heard him. He has not yet done a wedding but will be working with the caterer to help him with timing and he is very confident. I don’t mind booking these vendors at all.

Our cake baker is a woman who has baked cakes out of her home for 30 years. There are delicious! and she is SO reasonably priced! Half of others’ prices.

I would tell ya to do some more research around the area and ask other’s if they have any recommendations that they or friends know about and used. 

I would say if you can’t find the big things – venue/church/caterer/etc. by the end of This Month…..  then you both should take another look at the date and discuss if you should change it and to when. 

I hope that some of this may be of help and giving you ideas. Good luck with all of your planning and if you have any questions I’ll try to answer best as I can! πŸ™‚

Post # 15
609 posts
Busy bee

There is a really nice bed & breakfast on 231  going towards Lebanon called Cedarvine, it may have changed its name though.. The prices there aren’t too bad, I want to say the cheapest package is $5000 but it includes a lot.. Blackhaven Gardens off Hwy 109 is also gorgeous! We looked there but it was out of our price range.. Opryland Hotel also believe it or not is not very expensive for the ceremony, the reception is where their price goes up. Fall Creek Falls is also gorgeous, we went there a few years ago & there was actually a wedding that weekend & it was really nice. Oakland Mansion here in Murfreesboro is also completely gorgeous.. There is a farm in Christiana that I looked at online but never actually went to see it in person, their prices are great.. I want to say its off Elam Road.. You can PM me if you have any questions about anything.

Post # 16
186 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Are there any parks in the area that you could do a tented reception in or what about doing something at a Knights of Columbus/Elks Lodge/ X-nationality club … maybe a vineyard or brewery? Art gallery? Museum? 

or what about some place that would be “off season” then… like a ski lodge or something like that.

I’ve never been to Tennessee, so i’m not familiar with the area, but good luck! 

The topic ‘9.10.11 No venue yet and going crazy…. HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors