(Closed) 9/1/13

posted 6 years ago in September 2013
Post # 3
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m a 9/1/13 bride! We just put our deposit down last weekend for the venue and we’re working on sorting out the rest of the budget now. Probably the biggest nail biter of all the planning parts!

Post # 4
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Im a 9/1/13 bride!!!  Planning has just started picking up, Ive become excited recently being able to cross things off my list.  I found a dress and now Im working on finding dresses for my ladies and deciding on attire for groomsmen.

Post # 5
9 posts
Newbee

I’m a 9/1/2013 bride too!!!! I’m a little OCD so most of my planning is done. I’ve already made deposits on the venue, photographer, dress, coordinator, videographer, and makeup. I am about to make a deposit for the DJ. Later this year I’ll probably do flowers and the officiant. I’m totally broke now!!! EEK!!!!!

Post # 6
765 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m not a 9/1/13 bride, but I’m the day before on 8/31. 

I love that it’s a long weekend and every anniversary we will have a 3 day weekend πŸ™‚

Post # 8
41 posts
Newbee

We were planning on an early August wedding, but now we are trying to set the date for 9/1/13!

Post # 9
218 posts
Helper bee

Venue & photographer booked! I am officially a 9/1/13 bride! Now on to planning everything else… Smile

Post # 10
70 posts
Worker bee

I haven’t booked my venue yet, but my preferred venue is still available… For this venue, venue + catering are separate, so I’m crossing my fingers that it stays available until I can nail down my caterer, too!

September 1 does seem like a good anniversary date πŸ™‚

Post # 11
8 posts
Newbee

Looks like I am a 9/1/13 bride, too!  We have the venue on hold for that date and I expect to put the deposit down this week after we get the final contract and review it.  Very excited!!  Is anyone else worried about folks not attending because of the holiday weekend?  

Post # 12
90 posts
Worker bee

I’m a 9/1/13 bride! Yay! I just bought my dress last weekend.  Has anyone else purchased their dress yet?

Post # 13
24 posts
Newbee

Me too! So glad other brides are getting married the same day πŸ™‚  I already bought my dress in March but slacked off in just about the rest of the wedding to-do-list haha

Post # 14
41 posts
Newbee

I’m officially a 9/1/2013 bride!! We already paid for the venue! It’s at a park at a gazebo and there’s a lake right behind it! SO beautiful and really cheap! The fiance and I will be checking out a very possible reception venue this Saturday!! I’m so excited because I think it’d be a really nice place! It doesn’t seem too expensive and it doesn’t have a preferred vendors list! They seem like they are pretty laid back from what I read up on them! πŸ™‚

Also, I think we have our colors finalized! Which I’m pretty excited about! We… (I) sorta kept changing our minds about the colors, but since we’ve decided on the venue I think it’ll work out pretty nicely!

What are yall’s colors?!? πŸ™‚

Post # 15
29 posts
Newbee

I feel like everyone is so much farther in planning then we are. We decided in Aug 2012 and so far we have a venue, church, photographer and colors picked out. This weekend we are going to consult with a florist. Is it bad that I haven’t gone dress shopping yet? I read somewhere that the flowers can clash with fabrics and dress colors… Our colors are Vicotrian inspired. Champagne, dusty rose/rosewood (David’s Bridal color), and pale purple.

Post # 16
41 posts
Newbee

@prettinpynk86:  I understand the whole feeling behind thing. However, I feel a little bit more on track. I have the ceremony venue (paid for), the reception (just picked out/on hold), the colors (light pink/blush, ivory, and a dark teal/”gem” from david’s bridal), AND my dress! (just ordered it!)
I also went to a florist to get a quota on my flowers, but not sure that I’m going to use that florist, but anyways… I feel like every time I go to a vendor or whatever, they are always like yeah you have PLENTY of time!! But I feel like I’m so detail oriented that I’m going to need a lot of that time! lol. 

Also, I don’t think it’s bad that you haven’t gone dress shopping yet, but you should look through magazines and stuff to pick out dress you like and DON’T like, so when you DO go dress shopping you can show these things to whoever is helping you.

And, I never really thought of how flowers can clash with fabrics/dress colors… I think what you want should work out because that’ll be what describes YOU! I mean, maybe the florist will give some advice, but remember you can choose to accept it or to deny it! It’s YOUR wedding!

Finally, your colors sound pretty! πŸ™‚ Good luck with planning!

The topic ‘9/1/13’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors