this weekend for me is:

choose ceremony music and readings

make final choice on tuxes

finish assembling invites so they are ready to go

Post # 4
831 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I still need to find Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, get the boys measured and pick out a suit/tux, and pick out a wedding band for the FH are the big ticket items on my list – eek!!

Post # 6
4023 posts
Honey bee

i can’t believe it!!!!! I feel like i still have so much to do! Cake, officiant (eek!), boys measured, girls’ dresses ordered, music picked, centerpieces made, and work out! Lots of stuff to do! but i can’t WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (this is very worthy of all the exclamation points!) Laughing

Post # 7
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2010

My wedding is on Sep 12, 2010 and so far I have:

-my wedding dress

-bridemaids dresses ordered

-photography

-STD

-i’m collecting ideas about centerpices and decorations

-FI is designing our website and working on invitation design

-researching Dj’s and cakes

I feel like there are tons of things that I still have to do!

Post # 8
1585 posts
Bumble bee

6 more months!!!!  I just ordered the paper for my invites today!  Next on my list is to finish booking the Honeymoon!

Post # 9
204 posts
Helper bee

Wedding date twins unite! 🙂 First dress fitting in 2 weeks and I just e-mailed my planner our menu choices – yay! On the flipside…I really have to get on those Save-The-Date Cards… 🙁

Post # 10
71 posts
Worker bee

I feel like I was able to get so much done within the last few days.  I had not been able to get much done so I took a couple of days off of work to do some wedding related tasks.  I booked the florist, ordered the bridesmaid’s dresses, and made an appointment for next Saturday to see a photographer.  All we have left to do is order the invitations, book the officiant, pick out the cake, settle on the tuxes, settle on the vows and readings, and settle on music.  I’ve given my fiance the task of finding the officiant and he’s also in charge of the music.  I feel so good now!

Post # 11
577 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I know, the 6 month mark made it more “real” to me as well!  Here’s what we have so far:

-venue

-floral/decoratoion

-invitations

-catering and cake

-dress is in, first fitting in May

-honeymoon reservations

To do (eek!)

-photography

-music

-book flights (wedding is overseas)

…and a ton of details I don’t even know exist yet 🙂

Post # 12
150 posts
Blushing bee

yikes ! 6 months… so when are you gals sending out your invites? I was going to shoot for April so i can get a head count and have time to invite a few more people if i get a few NO’s… wha cha think to soon ?

Post # 14
150 posts
Blushing bee

Innocent ok cool cause i was stressed.. I still dont know how to word them and what i want to put so im glad !

Post # 15
1585 posts
Bumble bee

I am planning on sending my invites out early.  June 18th is the day they are going out.  We have a lot of people who are invited from out of the country so I want to make sure that they can make a decision sooner so that we can send other invites out to our very small B list.

Post # 16
689 posts
Busy bee

today we went to get Fiance fitted for his tux and we picked out tuxes for the best men/groomsmen, also went to a potential bakery, visited the hotel for our room blocks..we ordered sample wedding invites and hopefully they’ll be in soon=) next on our list is invitations, and picking out a bakery!…we booked our honeymoon 2 weeks ago=)

The topic ‘9/18/10 brides – 6 month mark!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors