(Closed) 92 year grandmother wants me to have babies – we’re not even married yet!

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1181 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Isilme:  She’s old. She prolly thinks that “the man is the head, but the woman is the neck and can turn the head whichever way she wants” hehehe  Telling you, she might be hoping you can can work him into proposing. And at 92, she prolly wants to see her great grandbabies.

We just got married less than a month ago, and it started a few months ago:

• “We need a bigger table so we can fit a high chair here!” –Mother in law
  • “Let’s hope the family stays strong and continues to grow…” –Father in law
  • “We WANT a granddaughter.”  –Mother in law
  • “Here are some baby clothes I found on sale, you know, just in case you know someone who is having a baby.”  –Dad
  • “Tell Ashley Happy Mother’s Day too for good luck!”  –Grandma in la
  • “Next year you will be celebrating with us!”  –Grandma in law
  • “Don’t you want another girl to play with?” Sister in law to her LO

😀

Post # 4
5242 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

Honestly it’s just something people like to say when you are in a serious relationship. You dont even have to be married to hear baby talk from others. I’m not even married yet and it’s all I her from my fiance’s parents like baby this and baby that it makes me want to scream!!

Post # 5
4324 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

From all your posts, you have said you’ve been with this guy for almost a decade. It really seems like a catch 22. He isn’t asking you to get married, and you aren’t asking him for a proposal. Maybe she was trying to tell you that parenthood is a hope for her to you, beyond this guy? The nudge towards rings obviously has her saying to you that you should bring the topic up, but maybe she is saying to move on to a potential father to your children if that message fails? IE: A “Shit or get off the pot” kind of message? Elderly people feel entitled to make those for some reason.

Post # 6
1220 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

@sweetchiquita12:  Ugh me too! all the time…my SO’s mom always asks when we’re gonna have kids and I always straight up tell her that it won’t happen til her son puts a ring on it (as politely as possible, of course lol). Sheesh….but yeah I totally don’t understand why these ladies aren’t asking their sons wtf is wrong with them?! sorta annoying 🙂

Post # 7
1088 posts
Bumble bee

Look on the bright side, his grandma fully accepts you as part of the family if she wants you to give her great grandchildren. 

At least you know you have his family’s support!

Post # 8
2981 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

As cringe-worthy as this sounded for you, in a way, she melted my heart a little. She sounds like an old, sweet, wonderful woman who wants what’s best for you. And obvoiusly she thinks marriage and lots of babies is best for you. She’s probably giving it to you over the younger engaged couple b/c you’re older, and in her mind, should be “first” to pop out a kid. Yeah, it doesn’t make sense to me, either.

But it sounds like this old lady really loves you!

Post # 9
1595 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Isilme:  SHE’S 92! she can say whatever she wants and get away with it :)…1 of the few benefits of being ninetyyyyyyy twoooo!

Post # 10
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@Dell79:  That is my grandma’s excuse for everything!  

My grandma is also 92 (she will be almost 94 when we get married) and she told me that the wedding is the best motivator for her to stay healthy.   But she also said that she wants to meet her first great grandchild so i better get on it once we get married… hA

The topic ‘92 year grandmother wants me to have babies – we’re not even married yet!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors