(Closed) 9/22/12 brides, what is your RSVP by date???

posted 6 years ago in September 2012
Post # 3
891 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I was originally going to say Sept 1, but you brought up the dreaded seating chart. Ack. I think I might bump it back to sometime in August to allow a few extra days to get that done.

I’ll probably make it 8/25.

Post # 4
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Mine is Sept 1, but I don’t have to have a final count until a week before the ceremony.

Post # 5
2416 posts
Buzzing bee

Hmm….I think, for our Sept 8th wedding, we’ll probably do 2-3 weeks in advance of the wedding. That way it gives us plenty of time to get those last-minute tasks completed without being too chaotic.

You also want time to track down anyone who didn’t RSVP (you know, the people who think it’s too difficult to put a pre-postage paid envelope in the mail :-))

Post # 7
505 posts
Busy bee

Mine is August 25th.  Gave me a couple of weeks to track people down since I have to let my venue know by the 15th.

Post # 8
949 posts
Busy bee

I hadn’t decided, but I’m on board for August 25. Our caterer needs a head count two weeks out, and I’d rather not be trying to contact every straggler in the space of one week.

Post # 9
2135 posts
Buzzing bee

I haven’t decided yet. August 25 sounds like  good idea though!

Post # 10
88 posts
Worker bee

My vendors want finally head counts a month in advance! So Im think mid aug for mine that way i can get the stragglers!

Post # 11
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - county fairgrounds

sept 1st

Post # 12
1643 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

We’re asking for mid Aug because we’re having a Destination Wedding

Post # 13
20 posts
Newbee

sept 1 because our venue needs final count by sept 13 but im sure ill have to hunt down some people to make sure they are or arent coming

Post # 14
Bee
615 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012 - Mother of the Bride's residence

Our wedding is September 22 and I was thinking Sept 1, mainly because a) our guests are probably going to be slackers and b) my mom is the one who is in touch with the rental company re: how many tables/chairs/etc. we need, and she can be a slacker, too. 😛

Post # 15
141 posts
Blushing bee

Hmm, my date is September 10, I’m thinking now that my RSVP date might be a bit early. I put it as Aug 1st, but that’s because I figure people will procrastinate and I want to knoW!! People are also coming in mostly from out of state so they should have their tickets etc plenty in advance? IDK.

Post # 16
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

My wedding is  October 6th, and we did September 1st as our RSVP date..so I think August 25th sounds like a good plan for you 🙂

The topic ‘9/22/12 brides, what is your RSVP by date???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors