(Closed) 9/24 wedding – our venue took $19K and then ceased operations 3 weeks later!

posted 7 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 3
1303 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

OMG!!!!!!!!!!   I have no clue what to say!!  Can you sue?!!!

Post # 4
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

WOW!  That really sucks!  You definitely have a case to sue.  Call your lawyer!  You may have to change your date too.  Good luck!  Please let us know what happens

Post # 5
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@brettannecondon: Do you have a contract with them? What does their contract say about failure to provide service?

Post # 5
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

I am so so so sorry…

There is nothing I can do for you, but since it was only 3 weeks ago that you paid, you should be able to file with your bank/credit card company to get your money back.

I really hope everything works out for you.

Post # 6
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

That is horrible =(

I am so sorry.

Post # 7
1474 posts
Bumble bee

Yeah, maybe try to cancel the check / stop payment on the credit card? I would also call a lawyer, because that’s a LOT of money!

Post # 8
6351 posts
Bee Keeper

Call your local news/newspaper. I bet they will run a story and local vendors will step up to help you out.

Post # 9
5778 posts
Bee Keeper

Where? In Philadelphia?

Post # 13
1559 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Yeah, you better sue the pants off them! Even if it’s after your wedding, that is a *lot* of money for them to just think they can run off with. 

If it were me, I would sue them for the money they took, plus threaten to sue for any excess money that you had to shell out as a result of their mistake. 

They knew they were closing- they had to know! How can a company, in good faith, do that to someone? 

Post # 14
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2000

OP-I’m so sorry this is happening to you.

The problem is, if they file bankruptcy (And I bet they are), they will be protected by the bankruptcy courts and no one can get anything from them–can’t sue them or make any other motions to get any money from them, until the courts decide who will get money and how much they will get.

I hope someone sees the news article and is able to help you.

Post # 15
5110 posts
Bee Keeper

This is awful!! I am so so so so sorry!!! I cant imagine. I agree tho sue the shit out of them. That is so wrong. They had to have known when you wrote that check that they were going out of business. It still amazes me how terrible people can be. Again I dont know what to say but Im sorry. Go over that contract with a fine tooth comb and I hope everything works out keep us updated. 

The topic ‘9/24 wedding – our venue took $19K and then ceased operations 3 weeks later!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors