- 8 years ago
- Wedding: August 2010
Hello bees! H(!) and I returned yesterday morning from our honeymoon, so I just wanted to jump on and share some of the pictures that our friends have posted so far 🙂 Our wedding day was amazing–perfect in every way. And thank you so much to those of you who were crossing their fingers for good weather–we didn’t have a drop of rain!
Some things I’ve realized/learned:
– NONE of the details mattered to me on the day of the wedding. My bouquet did not look how I had imagined it, the flowers on the cake were the wrong color, not everyone followed our “black tie optional” dress code…but none of it mattered. I was on such a high and was really surprisingly chill because all I cared about was that I was getting married.
– to all you yet-to-be-married ladies–make SURE that your bustle is EXTRA secure and is not dragging too much on the floor. Don’t listen to the seamstress when she tells you that it looks better a little longer–people will be stepping on it ALL night. Mine got ripped out shortly after the first dance and thank goodness one of my BMS had safety pins with her. We repinned it, and it then got ripped out at least three or four more times (I was a dancing machine that night and got right in the middle of the crowd, so I guess it’s my own fault!). By the end, I didn’t even care if the pins were showing or not, I just wanted to get back out on the dance floor!
– Stand up straight in pictures!!! I tried to constantly mentally remind myself to do that.
– Don’t stress about going to the bathroom. I had quite a few glasses of champagne and didn’t have to pee once (although I went quite a few times before I put my dress on!)
– Realize that your bridesmaids might be just as nervous as you are–my girls were almost all more scared than I was about walking down/not tripping down the aisle and I tried to lighten the mood with some jokes (after all, smiling girls look better in pictures!)
– try to just go with the flow when it comes to family pictures. H’s brother showed up almost an hour late to family pictures but we just did what we could without him and did the last few when he showed up. It wasn’t worth getting upset about, and we were just happy he made it!
– if you have a longer train, consider bustling it during pre ceremony pictures. I wish I had because it got dirty and it was a real pain to carry around.
– if you have any doubts about getting a videographer–DO IT! I have watched our highlights clip at least 10 times and I fall more and more in love with it each time.
Okay, enough chatter. On to the pics!
This is me walking down the aisle with my parents–the terrified look on my face is a result of me trying REALLY hard not to burst into tears. I kind of wish someone had reminded me to smile, since I keep this look on my face the whole way down, but oh well 🙂
Under the chuppah–we held hands almost the whole time (you can see him reaching for mine) which definitely helped me focus and calm down.
We did it! 🙂
First dance 🙂
My darn bustle–I loved the way it looked, but it was such a pain!
Me and my girls–they all looked stunning!