(Closed) 9/26/2009

posted 9 years ago in September 2009
  • poll: If your wedding is in fall, do you feel the need to going with an more autumnal, rustic theme?
    Yes : (8 votes)
    14 %
    No : (49 votes)
    86 %
    Not Sure Yet : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    Bee
    12419 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2009 - Barr Mansion

I’m getting married Sept. 11, and even though not technically Fall yet, it seems like Fall.  My colors and themes aren’t very fall-ish (pale pink and gold with pops of berry) and an eco/vintage feel.  Good luck with your wedding planning!

Post # 4
    221 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2009

I feel like your wedding is a chance to do what you want. Choose what you love and it will all come together beautifully.

Post # 5
    21 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2009

I’m getting married on the 5th, which is technically still summer, but I have lovely autumn colors of meadow green, cornflower blue (Ann Taylor anyone?) peach and beige….. Yummy!!! I love fall colors…

Post # 6
    2725 posts
    Sugar bee

I still haven’t quite decided on colors yet but I’m leaning toward some shade of pink. I was actually considering doing various shades of pink and yellow….too springy?

Post # 7
    135 posts
    Blushing bee

Our wedding theme is the Perfect Pair and our colors are green and brown. I think that its a bit rustic but not to much

Post # 8
    281 posts
    Helper bee

I am getting married in Alabama on September 26.  I am not going to do fall colors…I am using Pink and Gold!

Post # 9
    2022 posts
    Buzzing bee

Ours is mid-October (and in NH) so we are going with a very fally theme.  Our colors are orange and brown (with ivory and gold accents).  If we lived somewhere without foliage I might not go with such a fall theme though. 

Post # 10
    156 posts
    Blushing bee

I am getting married on 9/5.  It still summer time and most definitely summer weather in beautiful Southern California.  My colors are blue and yellow…so excited.

Post # 11
    75 posts
    Worker bee

I"m getting married on Monday, September 21 at the Louisville Zoo. We’re going completely untraditional!  We’ll be getting married on our 4 year dating anniversary and are super excited.  Since we’re getting married at the zoo we’re creating a whimsical event using bright colors – tangerine, fuschia and yellow.

Post # 12
    72 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: December 1969

Hey Steph,

My Fiance and I almost had our reception at the Bronx Zoo.  Very cool idea!  We are getting married September 26 and our reception is at a winery.  I do not feel pressure to do fall colors.  I am doing orange and green (think an orange tulip) with gold and brown accents.  I guess that could be seen as fall, but I would do it any season! :o)

Post # 13
    13 posts
    Newbee

I wanted a Spring/Summer wedding but he wanted fall… the compromise=early September!  I am pretending it’s still summer so I have some more fall colors and some more summery colors like bright pink and oranges for the flowers.  I feel like there are not as many rules with color anymore just do what you like.

Post # 14
    8 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: December 1969

I’m going all out summertime for my 9/26! Its "Indian Summer" … dont let them tell you differently!

Post # 15
    344 posts
    Helper bee

I am getting married September 26th also:)  YEAH!!!  our colors are brown and copper and we are doing an autumn-country type wedding:)

Post # 16
    349 posts
    Helper bee

I’m a 9-26-09 bride,  too! When we first started planning, I was SO concerned with doing all kinds of fall decor, but when it comes down to it, do what you want. My original colors were teal and orange, and I’ve sinced changed them to plum and orange. That’s still kind of fall-y, but the season didn’t end up playing at all into my decision.

You should really just go with the colors you like best 🙂

The topic ‘9/26/2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors